3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dansville state game area bunny trek!!!  (Read 7968 times)

Offline Bowdidley

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dansville state game area bunny trek!!!
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
Hey Jason , looks like I should be able to go.I will hook up with jeff (anointed archer) for car pool details, see you there,
Brad
Rejoice always!
pray constantly.
Give thanks in everything,for it is Gods will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
Well, just got it comfirmed yesterday.  I'll be making laminations in prep for a long bow building session on the 24th.  Guess I'll have to pass on this hunt.  I've been trying to get this bow build for about a year and a half.  I WILL have it completed soon!
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »
I shot in a trad league at Looking glass sportsmans club last night... Yes... I do  need some serious practice.  I had 4 others express interest in the hunt. Possibly two more good beagles.... Everyone  keep this thread going so I have a good idea of how many are attending..Can't wait to meet yall.....Steve
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »
Arrrrgh!!! My wife has to work Saturday, so I'm out for this one. I'll have to get together with you all in the near future for sure.
     :banghead:
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »
Arwin... Im sorry to hear that. I feel that you're the one that pretty much started this trek. We will be sure to keep in touch and hunt together soon!!! Steve
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
Arwin, That is a bummer man.  I will wave at you when I drive past Saturday morning.  We should definatly hook up and do some hunting or maybe even just some stump shooting very soon.  Keep in touch and maybe we can set something else up at a later date.  Talk to you soon....Tim
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »
Arwin I'm sorry to here that man, we'll have to set a different date.
Bowdidley, I'll drive down, I might have two others with me,I'll know by wednesday.
Jacob, could you do chili or steaks,Its up to you.
I'm brining, crackers, Bowls, Plates, Spoons, Forks, Pop, Water, Coffee (instant), Cups, salt&pepper, Paper napkins,

I have a turkey cooker bottom I could bring if need be,let me know.  :thumbsup:
TGMM

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »
Oh another thought on my mind was the raffle. I need some feedback on weather its a raffle or a 50/50 or nothing at all by wednesday. If theres no response to it by then it will be lack of intrest and we won't have it. So far we have a wing recuurve,Two taxidermy mount coupons and a Book. Thanks Jason B.
TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
Jason.... go ahead and bring the turkey cooker bottom.  I'll have a huge pot of chili. Do you need me to bring a propane tank??  As far as the raffle goes.. we can see who all turns out and who is interested and decide at Meijers.  

To all... remember your small game license, something orange, and judos and blunts.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
Jason,

Great pics.  I had a blast last year, but won't be able to make it this time.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »
I'll bring the tank too. Cool,
TGMM

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
It's looking good for me to make it, but will know for sure Wednesday. Bowdidley & Robslifts will be joining me as well.

Jason I have a 7 passenger Mini Van if that is not big enough then we will just have to caravan it down there.

As for food maybe I can bring some good ole cornbread to go with the chilli.  I will bring some hot sauces to add as you feel necessary.

I think the raffle sounds great, but like Jacobsladder said if there is not a huge turn out we can do the 50/50 thing.

Now we just have to pray that my wife gets good news from the doctor, that's what I am waiting on. If she gets a good report then I am clear to go but if it's not I will need to stay home and hang out with her. So I truly would appreciate your prayers, not so I can go but so my wife can get healed!

I really hope my bow arrives between now and then. I sold all my bows to buy a Super Shrew Classic Hunter.  It was suppose to be here by Friday but nasty weather might cause it to be delayed.
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
I was hoping the same thing.  I just bought a Super Shrew Chameleon off a fellow Tradganger and I was hoping to have it before this weekend.  I still have the SS Scout and the Checkmate Raven I can hunt with though.  I have the back quiver loaded up with about 15 Flu Flus all with Judo points and I am ready to rock and roll.  I will pick up some 2-liters of pop and I will see what I can talk the wife into baking for cookies or something along that line.  I will for sure be there and I will know for sure by Thursday afternoon if a friend of mine from over here will be joining me and I will try and get a deffinant answer from my dad if he will be coming to.  Talk to you guys soon.  Tim
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline smalson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »
I will bring a couple SAM's size pack of hot dogs.  If the pot is boiling, they will be good!  

QUESTION:  Will the launcher be there????  I've been dreaming of shooting those stupid flying duct balls since last year!

Bring your hand warmers and warm boots.  It should be a cold one . . .

I'll probably be carrying my little Browning Nomad, but I might also carry a Chek-Mate TD1 or Fedora.  Same old trouble for an accumulator . . .   too many choices available!!!

Am I right that the meet up is 8am at Meijer from the Kipp Road exit?

Steve
2 Corinthians 3:18  ...being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory...that comes from Him.

Offline smalson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »
By the way, Jason . . .   from the arrow flight on that stump shot, it doesn't look like you're using that beefy Martin any more.  I look forward to seeing the bows and shooters again.  

Steve
2 Corinthians 3:18  ...being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory...that comes from Him.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »
Yeah,,,, That was about a 90# spine and heavy ramin wood arrow. They seem to hold up to major abuse very well and cheap. I'll have my speedy arrows too, LOL!!. I'll bring buns for the hot dogs. I'm not sure if the launcher is going to be there. If memory serves me right,,,, that fella came with someone else. Hope he gets word that was Fun! Weather doesn't look all that bad for sat.
TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »
I'll be shooting a kohannah 60" flatbow.  My son a 45lb little hawk longbow.  

Mason meijers parking lot at 8am on saturday.  We can meet directly behind the Meijer gas station in the main parking lot. I will bring a small propane grill for the hot dogs.  

Jason are you still good for the chili bowls and spoons??
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
Yes indeed, I got my list of stuff.
TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »
ttt
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
Ok... it is a definite lunch in the woods.  We will determine the raffle based on attendance and participation.  Im hoping to leave Meijer no later than 845 and be in a hunting spot by 9am. In case there are any problems that would cause someone to be late please p.m. for my cell #.  I will warn you that verizon coverage is spotty in the dansville area. Can you hear me now!!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©