3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dansville state game area bunny trek!!!  (Read 7964 times)

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dansville state game area bunny trek!!!
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
I have today off.. the venison chili is simmering.  Drove through the State Land today and only saw one bunny out sunning itself along the road.  This last snow storm is going to make for some tough hunting for beagles, hunters, and bunnies.  The bunnies tend to stay real close to their holes in deeper snow.  If the snow crusts over they will move around a bit better. I'm hoping to get us on a 200 acre private piece.  But with 12-16 guys that may be tough.. We will see. I've got chili, chips, condiments. Everyone can provide their own beverage. I would like this event to be alcohol free. I cant wait to meet everyone and see your new bows.  I am giving a  brand new case ridgeback rosewood handled knife to the one that shoots the most rabbits. If we dont shoot any rabbits we will have a drawing for it at the end of the day.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
That sounds great.  I got some 2-liters of Pop and cups and I told my dad to bring a few 2-liters as well.  I talked the wife into baking some cookies and I think my mom said she would make some to and send them with my dad.  That is a mighty nice gesture of the knife Steve.  Hopefully we can get in a good day of shooting even if we dont find any rabbits.  Talk to you guys soon.

Tim
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »
Ok... the private land is going to happen... We will start out there.... Nice spot!  mix of pines, hardwoods, a creek,  should be some brush piles and briars.  Has not been hunted yet this year for bunnies unless someone trespassed.  After that we will have lunch around 1200pm then head to the state land.  All of this is within 10-15 minutes from Meijers.  Reminder, remember small game license, and something orange. I wouldn't expect to run into the DNR.. but someone could call with such a big group of guys.  Bring your cameras and lets have a grreat time.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »
Oh man, I feel like its opening day. Been shooting likw crazy and have all my blunts made up. I used a 125 grain feild point and welded a 5/16 nut on the end, comes out about 190 grains.

They look deadly, I can shoot'em well, hopefully I can hit with'em.
TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »
Ive got some 125 grain rubber blunts and 125 grain screw in ace hex head bunny busters.  My son is shooting wood arrows with 5/16" hex nuts screwed on the taper.  Anybody see a Wabbit!!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »
I just got back in and BRBRBRBRBRBRRRRRRR!!!!!!! its cold out there tonight. We saw four, my buddy shot one. Rose ran great on all but the last one. It gave her a challenge with all of these bunnies comming out of the same pot hole of a marsh. So there was about four different trails all crossing at different points. But we had a blast, I got one shot it went behind him.
TGMM

Offline Bowdidley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2007, 06:57:00 PM »
Hey Guys, Thanks for the great day chasing bunnies,the company was great as well as the chili and bean soup>To bad we didnt get a lot of longears going ,OH WELL!,theres always next time,still all in all a great time,it was also nice to put faces with names..Lets do it again soon. Brad
Rejoice always!
pray constantly.
Give thanks in everything,for it is Gods will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »
I would just like to say thanks to Steve (Jacobsladder) for being a great host.  My dad and I had a blast and it was all with great company.  I hope we can stay in touch and get together and shoot as often as possible.  Thanks again guys for a great day in the woods.

Tim

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2007, 09:23:00 PM »
Sounds like you all had a killer time. I'm hoping I can make it to the next one.  :thumbsup:
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
To all. Thanks you so much for making it to the rabbit trek.  My son (jacob) says that is the "funnest" rabbit hunt he's ever had.  The afternoon hunt went better and I think we jumped 4 total.  We had a total of 5 misses.  4 on the same rabbit. Jake and I  started shooting traditional only a few months ago. Our quest in finding more challenge in hunting game, has turned out to be an easy way to meet some wonderful people.  

Tim and Dad... congrats on the bow and knife. Annointed archer.. congrats on the full head mount.
Greenville fellow... congrats on the small game mount.

A special thanks to White Buffalo dnating his taxidermy specialties and raising over 200.00 for St Jude.

Tim my 3 back to back stump shots really were luck. My son is the ace shooter.  Oh... and I love your Little Scout.... Hated to set it down!!

I think we had a total of around 16. Nice turn out guys.  WhiteBuffalo (Jason) and I are hoping to plan another hunt next february. The first saturday after valentines.  

Thanks to all for showing up and bringing food. My chili was killer!!! At least I thought so. lol!!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline smalson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »
Hey, guys.  Thanks for letting me tromp the woods with you for a bit.  I had to head out early for a funeral, but I enjoyed the time I had.  I got to hear the beagles sing even though I never saw any bunnies.  It was still more action than last year!  I missed having the launcher, but I couldn't have stayed long enough to enjoy it anyhow.

Steve
2 Corinthians 3:18  ...being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory...that comes from Him.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2007, 12:09:00 AM »
The chili was excellent, my family is reaping the rewards right now,,,,  :bigsmyl:  .All of the food was great.

Your son is a great shot. I put this toghether so he'll always remember his shooting on this day cause I know I won't ever forget it...
(click on VIDEO)

Guys,,I want to thankyou for the Genorosity twords ST.Judes childrens Hospital.We raised $205.00  :bigsmyl:  

Some more pics of the day....

TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »
ttt
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »
Jason, Thanks for posting the pics and thanks for taking the donations for St Judes.  That is awsome that with just a small group to give over $200.  The Saturday after Valentines day is already marked on my calander in Outlook so I am all set.  Like I said it was great to put a face with the name and hope we can hook up again even to just go do some stump shooting.  I did learn not to let Steve or Jacob shoot my bows.  They both did a great job of showing me up with both of them.  Steve did a good job showing my up with his own bow too and I still dont think luck had anything to do with the back to back to back stick shots he made.  You guys were a great group and thanks again for everything.  Talk to you all soon.

Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2007, 07:41:00 AM »
thanks for the great time I had a wonderful time sorry we had to get out of there early this year  will try to stay later this year.  thanks to white buffalo for the small game mount i won in the raffle  hope to do that again soon with everybody

rob
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2007, 08:59:00 AM »
That's a great looking group   :readit:

With the snow so deep how many arrows were lost?      :confused:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2007, 09:36:00 AM »
Ron, I am glad to hear we may have you on board for next year.  As far as I know I think only two were lost.  I lost a Judo and shattered some nocks hitting hard stumps but other than that all was well.  How was your hunt this weekend?  Hope you had as much fun as we did.  

Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »
It's a beautiful thing to see that a possible yearly tradition of getting together has been formed. Good job!  :campfire:
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »
Arwin, tell your wife to put in for the day off now.  Hopefully you can make it next year.  We all felt bad that you were not there and you were one of the guys that started the whole thing.  

Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
Man what a blast!  Some great looking country for rabbits and deer. Matter of fact the Greenville gang was talking about maybe doing a mini bow camp there early October. Maybe taking Friday of and doing a 3 day hunt. However we will keep you posted!

It was great meeting everybody, I believe that was just a start of things to come.

Arwin - sorry we missed seeing you but there will be another day!

Steve - I totally agree with Tim as what a great host your where. Thanks again for all the effort you put in to making it all happen! By the way you should wash your truck once in awhile maybe it would not stink so bad :biglaugh

Tim - Very nice Shrew you got, I know I am just thrilled with my new Shrew.  Out of all the stumps and leaves I killed Saturday only one got away, but that was because I peeked to see what a great shot I was going to maket  ;)  

Jason - God bless you and your heart and compassion for putting togehter that raffle for St Judes childrens hospital. It was great sharing a ride with you as well.  Sorry we left before the afternoon hunt but we had to get back. Don't forget to post the pictures you took. Could you please email them to me as well. Plus I have one of you pans and your blue face mask, so we will have to hook up so I can get them to you.

Again I just want to say thanks, I am a blessed man to have so many friends. I pray God blesses you all!

Jeff
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©