Author Topic: Where is the best place to buy a riser block?  (Read 376 times)

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
Where is the best place to buy a riser block?
« on: March 30, 2013, 02:25:00 PM »
I am looking for a riser block and a flare block and I was wondering where is a good place online to order from? also, I want to be able to see the actual piece of wood that I would be buying. thanks in advance!!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline talkingcabbage

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Where is the best place to buy a riser block?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 03:05:00 PM »
I'm not sure what a flare block is, but Kenny M has some awesome looking wood and will cut a block to meet your needs.  Look him up in the classifieds, or his website at kennyscustomarchery.com.  His stuff is the best.  Top shelf stuff, hands down.
Joe

"If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."

One of two things will happen; it'll either work or it won't.

Offline bornofmud

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 02:23:00 AM »
Kenny M x2

binghams is another source, though you don't see the wood you buy. I haven't ordered wood from them so I don't know the quality.  The wood I ordered from Kenny is beautiful.  Definitely gives the impression of someone that cares about making an excellent product rather than someone pumping out as much as possible. You can also just ask him for specifics, he'll do what he can to help you find the piece you're looking for I'm sure.

Online Bowjunkie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 04:42:00 AM »
You've gotta look at it. I've SPECIFICALLY ordered flat sawn blocks from suppliers and then received rift sawn. To say that's frustrating is putting it mildly.

Offline M.Kerry Bird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 05:06:00 AM »
Both suppliers mentioned above can help. As far as being able to see it. Try to find a lumber supplier fairly close. I like macbeaths hardwoods. I got a piece of curly maple big enough for 4 rises for just $46 the other day.some of the bigger suppliers have everything in stock you imagine.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 11:55:00 AM »
3 rivers sells precut riser blocks ... no experience with them.

Offline bowhntineverythingnh03743

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »
Kenny m all the way...super easy guy to work with and will get you what you need... No one rose I would rather deal with

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »
Thanks guys!!! I spoke with Kenny, but he did not have what I was looking for. However he is a great guy and I hope to work with him in the future. I orderd from Gilmer Woods-www.gilmerwood.com they have a picture of every piece of wood in stock on their website, so you can look at the exact piece of wood you will be getting. I also spoke with Matt from Honeysuckle woodworks he is a real nice guy as well and he is a big time trad guy; so give him a look during your search for wood or veneers. his e-mail is [email protected]

I hope my search may be a help to others who are looking for something special to build that next bow out of.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©