Author Topic: Red elm and cherry bow  (Read 996 times)

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Red elm and cherry bow
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
I think yunzs all are full of it:)

Takefive, trust me here. I have over 5,400 posts on Trad Gang, 99% of them here on the Bowyers Bench. Every time someone makes a bow, it's standard to show the full draw picture. We sometimes call it the money shot. And why not? After all, that full draw picture is what we all drool over. That's what we build a bow to do.

I think you did over react, as did a couple others. But Hey, we got it all straightened out now. When a bow picture is posted on here, we all get a woody because we all have been there done that many times. We love the build alongs here when a guy shows pictures of the entire process. It's just cool as hell watching the materials turn into a bow. Your bow looks really nice, you did a great job, just a poor choice of a backing is all. You didn't know that back then, but you do now. That is all that counts.

Now about the other guys on here. Black Birdy Boy, Pearl Dumbs:) DVS, Bowjunkie, Kenny M, Vanilla Boy, Okie, and most of all, that Roy from Pa guy, we are all a bunch of agitators:) We jack around wif each other all the time, in jest.

However I will tell ya one thing, the Green Bay Packers are a bunch of sissy pants:)   :laughing:    :deadhorse:

Offline takefive

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
Thanks for your take on this whole thing, Kenny and Chris.  I've seen this happen so many times where the intent of a post gets misread that I thought I'd be the last one to step into a mess like this.  And I sure didn't put enough thought into what was very obvious to you guys as far as the grain violation on my bow's back.  Glad to hear about your doa bow and hope it stays a shooter for you.  That gives me some hope for mine, although it's finally sunk in that I should shelve it, learn from my screw up, and show better judgement on the next one.  And the same goes for my posting.  Again, I apologize for the hard feelings I've caused.  I'm all for shaking hands and moving on.
It's hard to make a wooden bow which isn't beautiful, even if it's ugly.
-Tim Baker

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
Good deal Greg on shaken hands. And we all can laugh about this now. But them Packers need pink skirts:) LOL

Offline rockkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
Everything was good till the Packer remark.Roy now you are on the list.  :bigsmyl:

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
ROFLMAO............

Offline takefive

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
Crap, just when cooler heads had prevailed, I had seen the error of my ways, and the waters calmed, Roy comes along and pees in the pool    ;)  Well, here's a winkie back atcha.  You can diss my workbench, aka "where the magic happens", but ripping my Pack while I live 38 miles from Titletown ?!  I remember a Super Bowl a few years back where they put a whuppin' on a certain PA team...

Comments from 49ers fans will be ignored.  That one still hurts.
-Tim Baker

Offline Black Mockingbird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2013, 09:55:00 PM »
No hard feelings here man...its all good...and I'd rather discuss things and work things out like civil men....

Now that DVS fella..well..hes just another jealous  man spitting out words driven by envy underneath...    :smileystooges:   ...jus kidding Dave  ;)  

Hey Roy...whos all on your thumpen list right now..surely I'm still in the top ten?    :readit:

Offline takefive

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »
Glad to hear it Mockingbird.  You do build great looking bows; those narrow tips are an eye catcher and I bet they shoot as good as they look.  Hopefully there won't be a next time, but, yeah, a rational discussion sounds good to me.  Sure would be nice if it were possible to have one with Roy, but...   :laughing:
-Tim Baker

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2013, 10:12:00 PM »
Does San Fran Cisco have a football team? :)  

DVS is ok I guess..

But I heard he likes Sheep:) LMAO

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »
Baaaaa logna!
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Frosty the Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2013, 02:17:00 AM »
Oh Roy,

God it's no woder we all love you, you keep us all laughing so hard we cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you even get some good advice thrown in with all the ration of razz once in a great while  :biglaugh:

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2013, 07:16:00 AM »
LOL Frosty Boy.. I'd much rather see funny stuff on here than guys not getting along. Thank God we got everything cleared up and it's all in the past. I guess the Packers are Ok too:)

Offline rockkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »
Your off the list.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2013, 08:00:00 PM »
LOL

Users currently browsing this topic: