Author Topic: A very special Border Archery Griffon GL  (Read 269 times)

Offline gorillabows

• Trad Bowhunter
A very special Border Archery Griffon GL
« on: June 22, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »
Hey Fellas, Mostly I read on the site here, and only every once in a while do I post.
I just wanted to tip my hat to a good guy who really did some great work on my bow.

This last February I bought a bow from Border Archery and it was a special bow. When it comes to performance, everything that I've heard and then some!

But the finish was lacking. And I wanted to do something with it, and I have had a bow that was refinished by Chris Kilgore of Stringworks Alaska.  http://www.stringworksalaska.com/

Now I have had a lot of bows, with great finishes, Jack B Harrisons, Saxon's, etc.

And nothing that I have come across is as good as this finish. It looks like it was dipped in glass.

In addition, Chris made the bow into a takedown. Just rock solid, which says a lot with this weight. The riser overlay that he added looks like it came right from the bowyer. The bow is flawless, and Im just so impressed with it. For all you guys who think you may need a refinish at sometime,or a takedown, keep Chris in mind. You will not be disappointed.

Im going to try and andd some pics.

Thanks,

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: A very special Border Archery Griffon GL
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
That is sweet.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©