Author Topic: Started another Tri Lam  (Read 4429 times)

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Started another Tri Lam
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by kennym:
Almost glass,,  pardner!!   :bigsmyl:  
Yep, only one ingredient away.

It does look dang nice.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Bowjunkie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
Almost glass    :biglaugh:

Offline Trapper Rob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »
It's looking good.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2013, 09:04:00 PM »
I got some streaky glass if you wanna practice cheap!!  :D
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2013, 11:57:00 PM »
I don't do glass:)

Had her to 18 inches on the tree tonight, have the limbs and tiller pretty much evened up. It's 30 pounds at 18 inches. By the time it gets to 28 inches, it will be well over 50 pounds. That's way too much weight for my old butt. I'm trying to decide what to do with it, so I quit for the night. It looks so good now with the cow horn tip over lays and the pau rosa riser, that I don't really want to mess with it and drop all that weight down to my 40 pounds. Might finish her out at whatever she comes out at and unload her on the big E-Bey auction sight. What would you guys do if it were your bow? I can always make another one just like her, but I'd thin my core lam a bit on the next try to get closer to the weight I want. I used ERC on my first tri lam and it came out light for me, never thought wild cherry would bump the weight up that much, DUH.. Live and learn I guess...

Online Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »
that is a sweet looking bow..heck I will purchase her from you if you don't go to ****  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2013, 04:02:00 AM »
Just send her over to me Roy old son. i know it doesn't have glass but I guess I could grow to love it.Bit under powered is all.   :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:    :goldtooth:

Offline bowhntineverythingnh03743

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2013, 04:34:00 AM »
Roy I got all the ingredients for ya to do another!!! Trade ya? I always drool over ya R/D and ain't had one make it through glue up when I try.

Offline Bowjunkie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2013, 05:49:00 AM »
What would I do with it?

I'd cut that handle piece off and glue another lam on to bring it up to a decent draw weight    :laughing:  

How old were ya when we met? Early 50's? I'm just wondering how much time I've got left before I have to burn my osage and buy up a bunch of red cedar and balsa wood  :)

I'm not gonna do anything rash though. I'm not sure your wussness is entirely age related. Haha! Zat git me back on yer thumpin list?

On a more serious note, I like that profile. How wide is it? You could always narrow it to reduce weight with minimal effect on tiller. You could also further radius the belly and maybe narrow the back a little more.... and/or make some full length scrapes on the belly. With a combination of those manuvers, it wouldn't take much to get it down to target weight.

Offline Black Mockingbird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2013, 06:39:00 AM »
I'm with Jeff...a combination of all that will drop some weight..and also remember she's gonna lose some weight too by drawing it further from set,AND shooting it in...right now your at [email protected] won't take too many more scrapes,narrowing,sanding,and rounding,plus shooting it in to lose 10 pounds...you need to start exercising it down inch by inch closer to your target weight if the tiller is looking good right now being so close to target weight..it might not show a flaw at only thirty pounds...it might take that 45 pounds to show the flaw and could be different from what it looks like right now with only 30 pounds of stress...

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2013, 08:30:00 AM »
Roy, I say you take that bow to fat camp and drop a few pounds. I don't have any more pau rosa but if she don't turn out I will hook you up with something just as nice ...
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2013, 08:43:00 AM »
Thanks guys, ya talked me into making Roy a bow. It's just so sweet that I wanna keep her, plus Ralph gifted me the pau rosa for the riser and Trapper Rob gave me the cow horn, those sort of things stick with me. It's 1 1/4 at flares to 1/2 at tips, Jeff.

Think the first thing I will do is take 1/16th" off the sides of the limbs and then redo the facets. Then tiller her on out from there. I was just bummed out last night after getting her on the tree and seeing how much weight she had, and the Coors Light had the voices in my head arguing back and forth, LMAO. Sorta fuggered ya all would help me see the light:)

Offline goobersan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2013, 09:10:00 AM »
You better keep that one, Roy. At your age........ you just may have a hard enough time pullin that tiller rope on the next one.    :biglaugh:    :shaka:

Offline Trapper Rob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »
Roy if it's to heavy for you I can shoot it in for you next time I come up.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »
Robbie, your 22 inch quick draw and shoot won't do anything for it:)

Online Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
Heck yah. Make another. Want to see another build along   You make them sweet that's for sure
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2013, 06:20:00 PM »
Yeah make another and send me that poor undernourished lil bow, n make another woosie one for yourself.   :bigsmyl:    :archer:

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2013, 12:39:00 AM »
Took 1/16th off the sides of the limbs tonight, then did the facets again. Had it to 21 inches on the tree where it's at 33 pounds, that would put her at least at 47 pounds at 28 inches. So I'm gaining ground. 7 more inches to go and I want to drop another 5 pounds! Jeff, the pull rope is about 1/4 inch to the left of the line, and I'm at a 1/16th + tiller. I'll prolly keep working the left limb a tad, but I'm ok with how it's pulling now. Been taking my time with this baby.. I like it:)

Online Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2013, 01:07:00 AM »
looks amazing Roy!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bowhntineverythingnh03743

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2013, 04:10:00 AM »
Show off!!!!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup: