Author Topic: thoughts on tiller  (Read 403 times)

Offline [email protected]

• Trad Bowhunter
thoughts on tiller
« on: November 10, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »
Hey everyone... Just wanted to get some opinions on how the tiller is coming along... not quite sure which side looks better but they're definitely not identical. It's a 57" knock2knock with the string braced @ 6&1/2" for the moment. Pulling about 45# @ 19".... Still a little strong to pull full draw(without breaking it)....workin this one slow. Using dutchwarbow's build along for an all wood trilam recurve. It's a hickory backed, cherry core & maple belly. Trying to get it just right. Let me know what u think

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: thoughts on tiller
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »

Offline onemississipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 06:27:00 PM »
It appears the recurve on the upper limb is unrolling more than the bottom, even at brace.

Looking good
Dustin
_ _ _________________________________ _  _

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
Most of your bend in the left limb is just outside the fade to midlimb.  Most of the bend on the right is at midlimb.  Make them match and you'll be spot on.

Scrape midlimb on the left and at the fade on the right.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
I would just scrape the marked area first, then see what the whole bow looks like.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
I'd get more bending from midlinb out on both limbs ... But thats just a guess without seeing the unbraced profile ...

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
I just noticed that your riser is super long, how long is that? And it looks like you don't have it centered on the tree.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 02:39:00 PM »
Hey everyone...thanks for the advice... Roy, the riser is 1 foot and the arrow shelf is about 3/4" above center...I did this to make the center of the bow right at the grip of my hand. The last few bows I made started showing compression fretting right where the handle faded to the limb due to not enough distance from handle to limb so I made these fades 2-3/4" instead of 2"...I plan on working on it some more very soon and I will take all of ur advice and put it to good use...thanks again...this, and many other bows would not have been made if it wasn't for the knowledge on this site.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©