Author Topic: BP Shadow Conversion Question(s)  (Read 329 times)

Offline JO_EZ

• Trad Bowhunter
BP Shadow Conversion Question(s)
« on: November 22, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
Vanilla Bear,
I have a Ben Pearson Shadow riser like the one you converted to a recurve back in 2011. This week I ordered a set of Samick Sage limbs for it.

I have been looking over your post and have a couple of questions about why you did a couple things and how that worked out.

1) The slot in the limb: Did you decide to cut the slot instead of grinding the nub from the riser so that the bow could be disassembled more easily? or was there another reason for that? Does the nub on the riser serve to keep the limb straight? or is the slot wider than the nub?
I am a little nervous about cutting that slot and I have tools to remove the nub on the riser, but would need to go to a buddy's house to cut that slot in the limb. I don't really plan to take it apart much, if at all. I'll get a regular recurve case for it.

2) The rocker: Have you found that the 2 sided tape worked to hold that thing in place? I am concerned that the heat of summer might make it come loose. Perhaps, I'll epoxy it on if it gives me problems. Drilling those holes in the limb base seems problematic, at best.

The order for the limbs shipped today, so I hope to dial it in over the thanks giving break and finish our bow season hunting with it.

I'll post some pictures.

Thanks,
Doyle
I started shooting a longbow because I thought it would simplify things and it did... now I simply need to get a whole lot closer to hit anything.

Work'n when I have to, fish'n when I can...

Offline vanillabear?

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BP Shadow Conversion Question(s)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©