Author Topic: loose arrows  (Read 239 times)

Offline wazabodark

• Trad Bowhunter
loose arrows
« on: December 28, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »

So I made this string for my kids bow the other night. The bow only pulls #15  so I made him an eight strand string. The problem is that, even after serving, his arrow nocks are too large and don't grip tightly.  The question is if it would be ok to run a second serving over the first, or should I just build a new string? I have plenty of serving and b50, but I hate to waste anything. Any solutions?
Comfort the disturbed, disturb the comfortable.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: loose arrows
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »
Run a second serving. You don't have to run the second serving the entire length, you could run it say 1.5 inches above and below the arrow nock point.

Offline snapper1d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
I run second serving on a light bow up to nock point and start back just above nock point.Doing this I dont have to use a tab or glove.

Offline Bob at Work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
All of my strings are 6-8 strand 450+...I use cheap dacron serving.  Double serving makes a perfect fit for arrow nocks.

Offline wazabodark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 08:30:00 PM »
I know that I keep going on like this, but I can't remember the last time I ran into a cooler group of people,online or off. I just hope that I can meet some of ya'll in person someday. Thanks so much for all of your advice and time.- Ronnell

Offline wazabodark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
I know that I keep going on like this, but I can't remember the last time I ran into a cooler group of people,online or off. I just hope that I can meet some of ya'll in person someday. Thanks so much for all of your advice and time.- Ronnell

Offline Louis Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
I have had the same issue with my kids bow strings. I did not take the time to make a new string I just added  gel superglue to the nocks and sanded to fit.

Lou

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »
I've heard you can also just wrap some masking tape around the serving where the arrow nocks. Won't last forever but it'll take about 5 seconds to redo.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 08:29:00 PM »
Are the nocks plastic? I've heated plastic nocks and squeezed them so they fit more snuggly. Just don't heat them until they melt.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©