3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Highback Fletch....  (Read 704 times)

Offline Hog Wild

• Trad Bowhunter
Highback Fletch....
« on: February 07, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »
I was just wondering, when are Highback Fletch needed? Is it poundage, arrow weight, or weather conditions related?
Sawdust, Wood Chips, and Shavings are as close to Potpourri as I get!!!!!!

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Highback Fletch....
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
I don't think any of the above? They help stabilize bigger broadheads and help with a little arrow wobble though.

Online sagebrush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 08:37:00 PM »
I burn my own and I burn them kinda high. I started with three fletch. They flew good around 6-7000 ft. but when I got up to 10 and 11000 ft. they wobbled. So I went to four fletch. Then, once in a while I had a bad release and they flew weird. Now with the high ones they always fly good. If I have a bad release they wiggle for a couple of feet and straighten out. I noticed no difference in speed or flight as far as my shooting. So that's how I do it.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
High fletch are never needed, unless you always want to see your arrow in flight.  Nothing better for that.  

That said....I always use the 5.5 highbacks because.....I can get away with all kinds of release errors, arrow spines, darn near everything and still get decent arrow flight.  

Yes, I think they slow down the arrow, a bit, mostly farther along its flight than we care about in hunting situations.  They probably make more noise in flight, but I haven't noted a -problem yet.  They DO catch a stiff side wind.  You can tell because the arrow turns sideways in flight !  

They certainly allow more leeway with broadhead stabilization.
Man are they pretty though !  Try red and white....looks like a lazer beam in the air, right to the target or critter.
ChuckC

Offline LCB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 04:04:00 PM »
I just like the way they look on an arrah!
I like red and white!
Success is measured not by inches of antler growth, but in the heart, soul, and mind!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©