Author Topic: 2014 Annual Bow Swap (sign up)  (Read 2409 times)

Online KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
2014 Annual Bow Swap (sign up)
« on: December 31, 2013, 01:34:00 PM »
Ok yall have been chopping at the bit so here we go.
Stixs is out completely this year. Last year was ruff for he and his family and they could use some prayers.  
So, I will head up the swap this year DO NOT FLOOD MY BOX WITH PM"S.
Please read all the rules. There was only one change.
I will PM you with your info on your builder. You can discuss anything in this thread and ask any questions here in the open forum. If you have any special concerns then send me an email.

Shot me a PM with your mailing address so your bowyer knows where to send it.

Gonna go ahead and start this to give some folks an extra week of planning and building.

READ ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Contact phone # is Required! You can just send it to me Privately and it will be added to the spread sheet and kept private.

Anyone that was asked not to ship on account of their recipient being late will not be on the list of shippers to hold

If you shipped late or are a new sign up your builder will be holding your bow until you ship and provide either me a tracking # and we OK your builder to ship. This is the only way we can keep someone from receiving and not sending.

We have had a few out of country entries in the past. I don't have an issue shipping out of country but if any one does send me a PM and I will take care of it. I shipped a bow to Turkey and Stiks has shipped overseas for around 45-50$ and figure it should be roughly the same for anywhere else. If you have an issue with it just send me a PM. It does cost a small fortune to ship to Africa, You can ship a TD to Africa for around 50 or 60 bucks.

*****Change****

DEADLINE
For new and late shippers will be  Friday 13 June or before.
Our vets who shipped on time last year will be Friday 11 July

READ ALL RULES BEFORE SIGNING UP

#1 There will be a 30 day grace period after the final to be shipped date. Any bows not shipped by then and I will ask you to forward the bow you receive to your recipient. The only exeptions will be made by Kelly and My self and a few other members I intend to contact
Change **** if you go past the grace I will ask your recipient if they will give you more time if they grant it then great if not you will forward your received bow or  will have your bowyer ship it to them if appropriate.  

The only way We will make any exceptions to this rule is if you contact us and let us know what is going on. We do understand things happen and We are willing to work with anyone should an emergency arise, But YOU HAVE TO KEEP COMMUNICATION OPEN AND STAY IN TOUCH WITH us. No exceptions!

Okay here we go.

The way we'll do this to insure everybody get's a bow they can shoot is draw names. If you want in post here and at the end of sign up I will draw names and PM or email to the builder who your bow is going to and the specs desired.

#1 When you post that you are in also post your draw length and desired draw weight within a 5 or 10 pound range and right or left-handed. (example.. 45-50 or 40-50) Also state whether you will be building a glass or wood bow, one pice or TD for the trade. I need to know this for shipping purposes out of country.

#2 When you post pics during the build DO NOT state in any fashion whom your bow is going to.

#3 I have given this a lot of thought and to keep it as honest as possible no one who has signed up to TradGang after the date of this post can enter. I hate to exclude anyone but have heard of it here in past trades that one guy or another did not get a return on his trade and DO NOT want that to happen.

#4 The time frame for the build will be about 6 months and the bow you built should if any way possible be shot in. Bows need to finished and shipped by the last day of June

#5 There was a few concerns about liability so I will throw in that anyone who receives a bow in this trade is doing so at his/her own risk and in no way holds any one responsible in any way should a misfortune occur due to use of such bow.

#6 if you are building a glass bow and only want a glass bow in return or vice versa for wood bowyers please state this in the sign up, otherwise you may receive a glass or wood bow.  

There we have it. I tried to keep it as simple as possible and keep everybody happy. So let the building and swapping commence.
Have fun! Kelly

Online KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2014 Annual Bow Swap (sign up)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 01:35:00 PM »
And I am left handed, Self bow 50-60# and any shooting bow is fine by me!

Offline Trux Turning

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
I'm in- right handed, 45-55#s@ 28"  prefer a glass bow. I'll build a glass bow TD or snubnose.

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »
Me!  Me!  I'm in!

Oh, the info?  I will be making a glass bow, one piece.  

I would love either a right-handed glass or wood bow in return that shoots 55@29 (+/- 10lbs either way is fine by me though, especially minus....)  I shoot split if it matters to anyone.

I belive Trux was the first person that wasn't an organizer to sign up last year too!  Dang him.

:clapper:  

Also, can we get a clarification?  Are grace period shippers last year considered late (that might include 2/3 of us?)  Or are you talking those that shipped after the grace period ends?
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Online timbermoose

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 02:56:00 PM »
I'M IN!!!

rh 50-60@29" anything i can hunt with in the rain, sun, or snow will be awesome.

i'll be building a glass or selfbow depending on which tickles my fancy.
Backwoods Archery 66" 54@30
coaster500 yew elb 67" 55@29 -trade bow 2013
Heartlandbows 60" 60@29 -trade bow 2014

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
Count me in!! I'm left handed with a 26" draw. Anything is fine with me. I stand hunt, blind hunt and still hunt. I prefer 50-60# bows. I'll make a backed osage bow. Either hickory or bamboo backing.

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
I'll throw my hat in the ring.  I'm building (at this point, barring issues) a hickory backed ERC of some design.  Have the wood all sitting here ready to go.

Due to my ridiculous draw length, if nobody can take on my draw I'm completely content to just make and ship a bow.  But, if anyone wants to try it, RH 40-50 draw of 36" full but I can probably do 32" and above.  Like I said, I can just build and ship, my point is about honing my skills, not about getting something in return (plus, I know I'm REALLY hard to build for.)

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »
I'm in and will build a glass TD LB.

I am right handed, 27" draw and anything from 40-55 would be fine.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 03:58:00 PM »
Ahh, heck Ed...  I'll be happy to tie a string on a 10' section of bamboo and it send it your way.  That would be plan b of course...

Seriously, sounds like a challenge more than just me, myself, and I would take on.  LittleBen might be a bit more challenged than the rest of us of course....
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »
I built a four foot string horsebow with a 36" draw (it was PVC, to be fair) so I know it's doable, but I don't think most of your tiller trees go that far.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 05:14:00 PM »
I'm in Kelly. I will build a selfbow and will appreciate any bow of any material. I am right handed and draw 26" and like bows from 45# to 60#
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 05:17:00 PM »
I'm ALL IN! 50-60#@26" please, right handed. I'll be happy with any type of bow, glass, or wood.

I plan on building an all wood bow. Probably a laminated one, but who knows, anything could happen including glass.

I think I can draw 36" if I draw it like a foot bow .... My tiller tree only goes to 32", but I guess I could always cut more notches into it ... LOL!

Word to the wise on shipping overseas, USPS used to ship 72" packages overseas, but now 60" is the MAXIMUM that USPS will ship.
Fed-ex and UPS will ship 72" but it will cost a small fortune ($300 or so).
So if you're shipping to Europe plan on a bow no more than 58"!!!!!! or a TAKEDOWN!!!!

Offline Trapper Rob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »
I'm in I'll be building a boo backed bow.
I'm right handed 45-50 27in draw any type will work for me glass or wood.

Offline heartlandbowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »
Kelly,

Maybe shooting style would also be helpful, split or three under.

By the way I'm in!
55@29 +\\- 5 right handed, split shooter, would like a glass bow or flip tipped selfy or tri lam bbo in return. I will build a glass bow.

Cory

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »
Count me in! I'll build a bamboo backed tri lam.
I shoot right handed, 3 under, and I draw 55# +/- 5# at 28".
I'll be happy with any bow, but I wouldn't complain if I got a takedown.   :rolleyes:      ;)  
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
I am in again with the proviso that my builder is aware of shipping costs to and fro to here. I sent couple bows your way for about $70 Aus last year, but my builder used same shipping company and was hit more than double that. Hint -cardboard tube would be better than PVC tube cost wise, but could also be more susceptible to damage. I would make a glass long bow of any weight from 30# to 70# with Aussie woods and don't mind what ever in return and weights from 40# to 55#, preferably toward lower end.

Offline mjwhitby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
I'll be in again!  
I will probably build an Osage self bow unless I work up the nerve to build my first glass bow.
I am 50# @ 27" right handed and will love what ever is delivered. ( I really like those bbo tri lams I've been seeing on here)

Offline scars

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
I would like to try this, wood or glass 45/55#s,29.5- 32". I am right handed. I have only got a years experience with building bows so would like to be paired with another new bowyer, if possible.

Joe

Online KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »
Scar with any luck I will draw you a veteran to build for so they can give you honest feed back.

I forgot to add send me your Address if you are new to the swap.

Online KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
Also Clarification
if you went past the grace your bow can not be shipped to you until you have shipped out.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©