Author Topic: Binghams TD LB shortening ?  (Read 317 times)

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
Binghams TD LB shortening ?
« on: January 15, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Got the plans for the Binghams TD longbow. Going to start building the form. I want to make it a 62 or 64 instead of the 68
Was told ii can just specify the length when ordering lams. My question is what modifications are made to the form? Can I just relocate the locating pin in  to compensate or will the locating pin be left where it is and the limb tip end just be shorter?
Thanks
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Binghams TD LB shortening ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
Just move the pins. That is what I did.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline milehi101

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 02:48:00 PM »
I have made several 68 inch and several 62 inch from their plans and they recommend just moving the pins for the short limbs.   The short 62 inch one is a real good shooter.

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 08:25:00 PM »
Thanks!!
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »
I've altered the plans some, made more flat surface on the wedge end and moved the pin.
I also shortened the riser to sixteen inches. I make a 62 and 64 inch bow with the sixteen inch riser and a 60 inch one with a 14" Riser.
US ARMY 1984-1988

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »
Thanks, something else to consider, but with my limited knowledge too many options may not be a good thing. I did think the riser on the plans looked a little long.
 Aldo Leopold

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 06:03:00 AM »
The idea of moving the pin works better than just chopping off the end because it keeps the curve at the end otherwise you loose some of it but it will still work good just loose a little performance. I don't use tapers sometime I use a tip wedge.
US ARMY 1984-1988

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©