Author Topic: 2014 Annual Bow Swap  (Read 26663 times)

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2014 Annual Bow Swap
« Reply #2840 on: September 23, 2014, 07:01:00 AM »
You know, I can see both sides of this debate; and it seems like we have it each year. There's always a few that really drag on. I mean we're pushing 3 months late here on a 6mo build time.

Now, respectfully, I do get that things happen but I sincerely doubt they happen in the number and frequency as some would like us to believe. Since the swap started I've planned a wedding start to finish, worked 300hours of overtime, and shipped 8 bows. That's right my friends. 8 bows shipped and two for myself, plus two bows completely redone. Granted I don't have kids, and I have a patient fiancée but i think its more about planning and follow through IMO.

Lets wrap this m*****f***** up. Please.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2841 on: September 23, 2014, 07:58:00 AM »
lol...you are a force Ben..dang!
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline bowhntineverythingnh03743

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2842 on: September 23, 2014, 08:01:00 AM »
I agree with all ya. I really enjoy sending my best work out to each of my recipients. I have volunteered each year to build more than one bow. There would have to be new ground rules for the swap about being late with shipping a bow. I dunno how we could fix this issue.

Offline LESKEN2011

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2843 on: September 23, 2014, 08:07:00 AM »
I had the unfortunate circumstance of not receiving my bow a couple of years ago from the person I was supposed to in a swap on another site, but had another person step up and send me two for the trouble! You can count on me to help pick up the slack on this trade if someone doesn't come through. Just let me know.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline redbeard126

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2844 on: September 23, 2014, 08:26:00 AM »
I would also offer to build another bow if there is a need. This swap was great therapy for me as this was the first bow that I was able to build after loosing my Son last year. You all have been instrumental in pulling me out of a pit of despair and I thank you for that. I have not yet received a bow, but I can wait. Building them and giving them is what does my heart good!

Buddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2845 on: September 23, 2014, 08:41:00 AM »
I too will build another one if need be.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2846 on: September 23, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »
i dunno- just seems no matter how bad it gets, it never seems as bad as "Hova" with his painted toe nails, and the most incredible and imaginative excuses   :D

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2847 on: September 23, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »
LOL

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2848 on: September 23, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »
I'm on vacation most of October, but I could ship something by the end of October. This one could make 26" draw and that's about it.

Kelly, just let us know what the plan is.

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2849 on: September 23, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
Hah, I was thinking of Hova too.

Seriously, waiting for a bow is fun and I'm always excited to open and shoot it. But I really enter this contest to make one for someone else who doesn't know what's coming. I will enter again even if I am guaranteed not to receive a bow.

While I don't think I've been truly late, this is the first year I didn't go into the "grace period." I understand that stuff happens. I made some suggestions last year when we were having the same discussion. But the more I think about it, the more I would keep things the same.

Most that are late have at least semi-valid reasons and are trying to do the honorable thing. Some have realized they can't fulfill and have forwarded on their bow. Others have contacted their recipient directly or at least kept Kelly up to date with progress. And really (except maybe with Hova), I don't feel I'm in a position to fairly judge anyone's timeliness. We're all human and crap happens.

And don't forget the fun and camaraderie we have waiting for the swap to start, getting the names, and closely following a 200 page thread for most of the year. There's always going to be a little bad out there, but let's celebrate the overwhelming good in the swap.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2850 on: September 23, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
:campfire:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2851 on: September 23, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
Dave you are completely right in what you said. I think mine and maybe others are frustrated because guys aren't checking in. Kelly has been really the only one posting on progress. Things do happen but when I don't see any posts or pics of progress I feel that people who are waiting for a bow are just forgotten.

I'm ok with waiting and love the reaction of my victim when they receive my bow.

Just check in fellas and post some pics or something

Offline Al Dean

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2852 on: September 23, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »
I would say if myself and some others are not going to receive a bow this year, just let us know and we can move on.  I did enjoy making a  bow for my recipient.  Will probably participate next year.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2853 on: September 23, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by bowhntineverythingnh03743:
I'm ok with waiting and love the reaction of my victim when they receive my bow.
Yeah, your victim made out alright this year. So maybe he's all talk with this "even if I don't get a bow" crud.

:bigsmyl:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online timbermoose

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2854 on: September 23, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »
I will be making the 2 mile walk to the post office today or tomorrow, pouring rain right now.

I've been informed by my wife that I'm probably not allowed in anymore swaps due to the crap that happen with bows I built this year. 1 stolen, 1 delam,  1 self bow explosion,  and apperantly I have too many bows already so I don't need to do another swap. She will never understand. Don't tell her but, I gots 2 maple staves I'll be floor tillering next week in prep for next year.  ;)  

Sorry for being late this year.
Backwoods Archery 66" 54@30
coaster500 yew elb 67" 55@29 -trade bow 2013
Heartlandbows 60" 60@29 -trade bow 2014

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2855 on: September 23, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
My wife forbids me from entering every year.
TGMM Family of the Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2856 on: September 23, 2014, 11:59:00 AM »
I don't have a wife and my girlfriend hunts now so she understands... Win win for me!!!!

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2857 on: September 23, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
Cool thread!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2858 on: September 23, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
I also want a girlfriend that hunts- dunno what my wife will say- maybe I should try one of those online sites- or maybe the classifieds on here.

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2859 on: September 23, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »
Ahh Hova, I wonder if he ever found the camera in the sock draw.

Fuji, good luck with the girlfriend thing, let us know how the wife takes it. We can probably find you a spare room around here to crash in while you find a new place to stay, after you get out of the hospital.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©