Author Topic: PLEASE READ  (Read 1721 times)

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
PLEASE READ
« on: February 23, 2014, 07:20:00 PM »
Folks, it has come to this, I must choose between my archery business or my "real" job.

For about 3 years, I have spent almost every hour not at my real job in the shop or packaging stuff to ship.

I have loved working with bowyers to get them the best wood and supplies I can .

I will be closing the first of March , I will finish all business I have started as of right now, but will be taking no more on.

After getting organized a bit, I will begin selling off the stock in the shop.

It has been great, but I gotta slow down a little and smell the coffee.

Possibly when I retire from the other job, I can resume business if you will have me, but right now there just isn't enough of me to do both.

Thank you very much for your business and support. I've enjoyed it more than you will ever know.

Thanks!!
kenny
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline mwosborn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 07:28:00 PM »
:(  Sounds like you had a tuff decision to make Kenny.  There is only so much time in the day and time is precious.  I haven't gotten to glass bows just yet - (maybe this summer).  But I know the great products and service you have provided.  Thanks!     :notworthy:
Enjoy the hunt!  - Mitch

Offline Trux Turning

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 07:28:00 PM »
Hate to see you go Kenny but it's nice to have a life! Your customer service and products are second to none.

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »
Always wondered how you got any sleep.
Sorry you have to give it up.
Ron
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 07:52:00 PM »
I also wondered how you kept up with everything Kenny. Your excellent, quick service and helping new fellas get what we needed, when we didn't have a clue, will be missed. I understand your decision, life's too short brother.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 07:57:00 PM »
Kenny, I love you like a brother. I fully understand your decision.. Take care my friend.. Roy

Offline Bowjunkie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 08:08:00 PM »
I often thought of going the route you did, would rather do that than make a business of making bows, but kinda chickened-out, and yet envied you. I know it wasn't easy, yet commend you on all the good, hard work you did. There are times, like now, when my 'real work' is slow, that I'd be inclined to step forward to run with that torch, but when I'm busy, I have the opportunity to work a lot of overtime, and would be a bit afraid of disappointing the archery customers then. Perhaps I'm a bit scared of the unknown too? Anyhow Ken, all the best to you... you have absolutely nothing to hang your head about... and hey... keep on whittlin', aye?

Offline Dmaxshawn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
I completely understand Kenny.  You have to do what the right thing is for you and your family.  Your a walking encyclopedia of Bowyer knowledge.  I appreciate all the times you have helped me along the way.  

Like Roy said I love you and your passion for traditional archery.  Your welcome back anytime Bud.  Stay Blessed my friend

Shawn

Offline chackworth3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
What they said Kenny. I appreciate all your help!

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »
Dang I hate to hear that Kenny but I understand as well.  I sure do appreciate all of the help you have gave me. I can't thank you enough for everything.  Are you just shutting down the shop or are you leaving the "gang" all together.  Sure would be bad not to see ya on here ol buddy.  Hope you stay around on here.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »
Wow Kenny.  This is kind of a shocker, but I've often wondered how you did it all.  Especially with how quickly you would turn orders around and I know you've spent more than a couple weekends working on orders from me.  You definitely need to have time for yourself.  

Thanks for all the great supplies you've sent me!  My bows have certainly been better with quality materials from you.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »
Kenny to say I'm stunned is an understatement!. Your service is exceptional, and will be sorely missed, even though I understand your choice.I hope you will take it back up once you see your way clear. I will be back in a flash[ providing I'm still breathing]All the best, mate!

Offline cunruhshoot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »
Some decisions in life are tough but I know you have thought it all through and have made a good one. I for one will be ready to continue business as usual when you get things fired back up in the future.

I will also add as others already know...your customer service is awesome and willingness to chat on the phone. Thanks for all the input.

Cameron
As Iron sharpens Iron so one person sharpens another...Prov. 27:17

Offline timbermoose

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 08:45:00 PM »
damn! glad i got my order in soon enough. your service/materials will be missed. hope things go good for you and you get to spend more time in the woods. btw, what would you recommend best for starting out cutting my own lams?
Backwoods Archery 66" 54@30
coaster500 yew elb 67" 55@29 -trade bow 2013
Heartlandbows 60" 60@29 -trade bow 2014

Offline typical2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 08:51:00 PM »
You are known for having a good product but for being an even better person.  

:clapper:

Good luck to you.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 09:08:00 PM »
Like others have said..I don't know how you had time and energy to work 3 jobs..I completely understand and respect you decision. It was always a pleasure buying supplies from you.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »
Well I hope you will at least have time to build a few more. Good luck Kenny and hope to see you at MOJAM where I seem to always miss you.

Offline BenM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »
Tough decision I'm sure.  I only wish I could have given you more business.  You helped me so much with my first bow.  Best of luck to you Kenny.
Thanks again
Ben Michels

Offline Horn Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
Kenny I can't say anything better than anyone here has already said. You have gone above and beyond in helping me and many others with your knowledge, time, and materials. It will be a loss but sometimes you need to take time for yourself and your family. I can't imagine the strain of working a full time job and running this second business of your own. Take some time for you and your family and if you decide to get back into it when you retire I will look forward to buying from you again. Take care Kenny.

Offline heartlandbowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 09:33:00 PM »
Hate to hear it Kenny but totally understand. When ya work all the time it's easy to put off about the important stuff.  Good luck in the future buddy.

Cory

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©