Author Topic: Where to get bamboo flooring?  (Read 306 times)

Offline bornofmud

• Trad Bowhunter
Where to get bamboo flooring?
« on: April 13, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
Wondering what bamboo flooring you guys use to make actionboo lams.  Any recommendations?  Thanks!

Offline LESKEN2011

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Where to get bamboo flooring?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 03:41:00 PM »
I have been looking, too. Our local LL store quit carrying the solid vertical kind. There doesn't seem to be much on line either. Plenty of strand, or horizontal available though. The places that have it online are pretty high and with shipping I can't justify buying it. I would love for someone to chime in with a reasonable source.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »
Northwest bamboo, stair riser material in natural or amber - 3/4 x 7.5 x 72" (Chris will cut it to 36" to save shipping)

Just tell him what you are doing with it, he knows what you need cause he sells to a lot of bowyers....

Get the unfinished to save blades.

No grooves in it so you can get 2 healthy pairs of lams out of 3/4" thick.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline bornofmud

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »
Awesome, thanks Kenny!

Offline M.Kerry Bird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 12:40:00 AM »
Hyquiria hardwoods. 12-4x72" (1 box, minimum order) shipped to you for under $150 in natural or amber unfinished. Enough to make 12+ bows. You can get 4-3/16"x1 1/2"x72" out of each piece.  I live in Utah so shipping might be a lot more to the east coast. This saved me a ton of money over ordering the lams and it's really easy to work with.

Offline LESKEN2011

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 07:26:00 AM »
Thanks, guys. I may give one of them a try. I found a manufacturer that has a dealer here locally. Hopefully I can get them to order some with their next order and save some of the shipping costs. I did find one place in GB that has a case for about $100 including shipping and VAT. It is mixed 3 & 5 foot pieces.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline M.Kerry Bird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »
This is one product you don't want to skimp on. The cheap stuff is full of voids so you end up with little usable material.

Offline Tim Finley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
Dale Stahl Will ship you any size you want and has many other things for bowyers . I've also bought it from North Star in St Paul Mn. in 4'x8' sheets .I give Dale all my business he is fast at shipping and a good guy to deal with very honest....Tim

Offline snapper1d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 09:46:00 PM »
I saw where H depot has some.It says you can order and have shipped to the store at no charge.I only saw one vertical though.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©