Author Topic: smoth-on weight  (Read 255 times)

Offline Mad Max

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
smoth-on weight
« on: May 29, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
smoth-on
equal parts by volume or 100A-83B
Give some weights in Grams please
KennyM 's d/r
Thanks
I would rather fail at something above my means, than to succeed at something  beneath my means  
}}}}===============>>

Offline snapper1d

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: smoth-on weight
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »
Email SmoothOn or for a quick answer just call them.They do all the testing and can tell you more about their glue than we can.Good people and they will sure talk to you.

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »
Depends on the number of laminations you are using ,bows with veneers will use more, the more bows you make the more resourceful you become with that stuff. For a one piece bow I would start off with a heaping table spoon of each part in a clear disposable cup , I then chuck some scrap wood in a drill and blend it up real nice. Then  make sure you butter each side of each lamination before putting them together.

Hope that answers you question a little .
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 03:34:00 PM »
I'm thinking equal parts A and B is the same as 100gram part A and 83gram part B. I haven't weighed parts myself. I mix by equal volume. I buy small 3 oz or 5 oz clear plastic cups and fill them to top with each part using heavy duty plastic spoons, then I put on a plastic dinner plate and mix for 4 or 5 minutes with a bondo spreader. For a longbow with clear glass, 2 pretty veneers and 3 tapers I mix 12 oz of smooth on and always have some left over. I think I could get by with 8 oz total

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
For my 4 lam glass bows I use 70 g of part A to 58 grams of B. Works out right on the money. Just did a 60'' 'curve and it took 56 G of Part A and 49 G of part B, with me having to use every skerrick of glue to make it

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©