Author Topic: First time making a bamboo backed and bellied bow!  (Read 961 times)

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: First time making a bamboo backed and bellied bow!
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 05:21:00 PM »
Cool bow Tracy, ya bringin her to MO?
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »
Thanks guys, no Kenny I will be hunting with one of my Hill BBO's if the weathers dry and my Mohawk if not. Looking forward to visiting with you again. I've been making bows like crazy sure wish you were still in business miss your stuff bud!

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline David Flanrey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 06:27:00 PM »
Good looking bow Tracy.  Hope you get a big one with it this fall.  

Know what you mean about this weather.  All I can think about is hunting.

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 06:39:00 PM »
great bow,love it!

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
An update on this beauty of a bow. A little history,  I've always wanted to shoot an all wood bow. I've made some laminated with glass but had an itch that needed to be scratched. So my wife throws me an early 40 yr old bday party the end of Julyyr because I will be in WY elk hunting on the real bday  :)
So she brings out a long slender tube and I see the return sender! I was beside myself to unpackage this beauty! I was able to start shooting it and quite well, bit didn't have arrows that were weak enough.
Fast forward to opening weekend. A good friend offered me his stand for later in the hunt to try for a deer. He mentioned I should use the bow Tracy sent me. He hooked me upwith some arrows. To say I was excited would ne an understatement!
So last Sunday I start shooting. The arrows are flying great! I'm shooting really well out to 20 yards. About the 20th arrow the unthinkable happens. I here a crack and my heart sank! I seriously had to hold back tears. The bottom limb cracked. The bamboo on the bottom limb on the back split, vertically. I made a call to my good buddy to relay the bad news. Tracy says the material was bad. It was good to know I didn't do anything to cause the failure, but it sure doesn't make it any easier. That was going to be the high light of an otherwise rough hunting season  :(
Thanls again bud for an awesome bow!!!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline recurve25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2014, 10:38:00 PM »
Very nice! After building a boo backed ipe and seeing how fast and hard hitting it shoots I've been thinking about doing a boo back and belly.

Offline Bob at Work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »
steadman- hate to hear that it broke, but at least you didn't get hurt.  It happens to the best of them.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©