Author Topic: wood-glass crossbow prod?  (Read 334 times)

Online KenH

• Trad Bowhunter
wood-glass crossbow prod?
« on: July 20, 2014, 07:26:00 PM »
I know... I know... I used the "C" word.  But I build and shoot traditional crossbows as well as recurves and flatbows.

Anyone ever built a wood-glass composite bow (prod) for a crossbow?  I'm looking for some place to start -- as in tip-to-tip length under 32", width about 1.25"-1.5", and some idea of a lam stack...

Help!
Living Aboard the s/v ManCave

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: wood-glass crossbow prod?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »
Sorry Ken. There is to be no discussion of C bows on this site. You will need to look elsewhere to get your question answered. Mods will probably pull this thread soon, too. Good luck in your search.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 02:32:00 PM »
Yeah, sadly what Razorback said ....

but FWIW, in the future just ask about a very short draw, very high draw weight recurve for an insanely strong child.

Lastly, Supertiller does a good job of predicting draw weight on all bows of any length. input the data for a known bow of similar profile, you can see what numbers it spits out, and then you can scale up or down the size to whatever legnth of bow you want. Then use the draw weight of the known bow to estimate how far off supertiller is ... hope that made sense.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »
lol
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©