3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: !!! HOW MUCH TO SEND THAT BOW !!!  (Read 713 times)

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
!!! HOW MUCH TO SEND THAT BOW !!!
« on: March 03, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »
I recieved a Kodiak Hunter in the mail today. It came from Ohio to Maryland, the box measured 66"x21"x5". When I saw the size of the box I thought that they mailed the bow strung but it wasn't. It had the bow wrapped in a bed sheet, crumpled up newspaper and those air filled bags. I bought it and the seller only had $18.00 as a shipping price which I thought was reasonable with what things cost these days.The seller did everything right with insurance and delivery confirmation. I don't know if it was the size of the box or if USPS made a mistake but the seller took a beating on the shipping cost.The seller made about $45.00 on a bow that should have been double that. Keep an eye on those tellers that are supposed to know what they are doing !

"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: !!! HOW MUCH TO SEND THAT BOW !!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
I just shipped a 62" bow for $19.00 INS for 600.00, must have been the size of box ?

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Tilbilly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
Don't know 'bout the U.S., but up here in Canuckistan someone shipped a selfbow to me for $13. using Greyhound's courier service. That would be an 8 hr drive away, and the bow arrived in perfect shape the day after it was shipped.
The older I get, the better I was.

Offline jeff w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 08:06:00 PM »
With a box like that I believe it is considered oversize.    Check the postal regs-you'll be able to get the dimensions---length+width+depth--that classifies a parcel as oversize or 'regular'.   The ones I have shipped generally run @  $16-$21.

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »
It was the size of the box. USPS is reasonable until you hit a specific size. After that it'd be cheaper to drive it there yourself lol.
"...Watching a buck turn back seeing his form melt away, a hunter will feel an inner smile. There's no other place he wishes to be and never does he feel more alive..."

~Gene Wensel (Primal Dreams)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Weekend Warrior

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
Box was  (oversized)..
You can go on usps web sight and calculate postage...
It shouldn't have cost no more 20-25 bucks depending on how much it was insured..

But you do have to watch tellers!

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »
I ship a couple a week and it is your box size.Total can not be over 84"...yours was 92"...Bow shipping runs from about 10.00 up,pending on size and insurence coverage....bowdoc

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »
Got a 64 Kodiak in the mail today-$12.65. They have some kind of funky "balloon" fee they charge now if it is a big box but weighs under a certin amount. I ship quite a bit and I keep the box as small as possable with making sure the item is well insulated from bumps and shocks it will endure in transit. Everything is going up in price but $61.48 to ship a bow is a downright  soaking by anyones standards.

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
Size of the box and or weight.
I shipped a bow today USPS Priority insured for $400 from Missouri to California. $17.36
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »
I just sent a bow to France for $60, 68"x6"x3". Can ship one in the USA for about $20 anywhere.

Eric

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »
Because the box exceed 108" (length + girth) a oversize surcharge applies.  The clerk charged the correct amount.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »
ha you guys think your hard done by you should try and send one from new zealand. if it is over 60" long you pay $250 now that sux. and i dont send any bows to the usa. but i did get a deal once i sent bob walker a horse bow and it only cost $36 as it was only 48 " long.  :scared:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline barebow62

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 03:32:00 AM »
usually from the usa/canada shipping costs me $45 (to uk) .recently got charged $75..."for his trouble!"..i wanted the bow,which was right price ,but that was profiteering
silvertip 77# @28 58"
widow sab 80# @28 58"
stewart multicam 72# @28 62"
blacktail elite 69# @28 60"
brack quest 72# @28 62"

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
just have to vent!! just received  two packs of 100 plastic vanes from a dealer. Cost was $30.00 . They packaged them in a cardboard box, which puzzles me ,because a envelope would have worked perfectly! cost to ship $5.65 , charged me $9.95 !!?? I Put them in an envelope and checked the shipping cost at our local post office $2.65!! I paid 30% Shipping RIPPED off and Pi^*@ed OFF!!

Offline Jeff Hren-Renegade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »
I Just shipped a bow for a kid,I Shipped it in a cardboard tube that fishing rods come in, it was a 1pc so it was long put $100 insurance on it . It Came to almost $16.00!!

Offline tim-flood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 05:07:00 PM »
If you go to the Post Office and get the triangle tubes ( for free ) I have bows shipped to me for under $10.00

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 05:49:00 PM »
Sergio Venneri:

Feel your pain, but what was the hourly rate of the person that did the packaging, order filling, etc.?  That is why they call it "Shipping and Handling".  Yes, we all do hate to part with what we work so hard to earn.  Just putting a little reality check on what you are saying.  Do I like it? Not really, but it is reality.

BobW
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline Desperado

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »
I wanted to send my Black Widow 3 piece takedown back to BW for a weight reduction. Went to UPS, had the bow broken down into 3 pieces and from Pa. to Missouri was exactly $40.00. Took it home, boxed it myself, took it to the post office and sent it insured for $8.00. Everytime I hear that commercial that says "What can Brown do for you?" I know the answer.....NOTHING!

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »
Sent one today..... priority mail, 600.00 insured; CA to MI was 40.00

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »
I've shipped a 100 over the last 5 years and don't believe I've ever paid more than $22 in shipping cost. Sent a 58" shrew a month ago and priority mail with $400 ins cost me less than $17.
 There is a very good reason to find the right size package to ship them in. The shipper will gouge you if you don't follow the guidlines.
 If you make sure the tips are well protected and use a non crushable box, you can pack em tight and save both the buyer and seller a bunch of money.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©