3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: !!! HOW MUCH TO SEND THAT BOW !!!  (Read 714 times)

Offline JDinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: !!! HOW MUCH TO SEND THAT BOW !!!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 10:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by SERGIO VENNERI:
just have to vent!! just received  two packs of 100 plastic vanes from a dealer. Cost was $30.00 . They packaged them in a cardboard box, which puzzles me ,because a envelope would have worked perfectly! cost to ship $5.65 , charged me $9.95 !!?? I Put them in an envelope and checked the shipping cost at our local post office $2.65!! I paid 30% Shipping RIPPED off and Pi^*@ed OFF!!
Sergio - I hate when I get ripped off as well.

Offline Jim Ludy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
I think it depends on the clerk you get sometimes. My local Post Office has always been good but the last bow I shipped was awful. I used a box that had been shipped to me. The clerk said it was a couple inches over. Price was $33.00. I took it home and shortened it by 4". Still a little long. Took most the end padding out to shorten again. Still wanted $31.00. Now I have shipped for less than $20 many times. Finally decided this guy didn't know how to measure right. I will wait in line for a different clerk from now on. Sodbusterjim.
"Shooting longbows since Moby-Dick was a guppy"

Offline hs6181

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 11:08:00 PM »
Ive shipped 5 bows in the last couple months. most expensive one had 21 arrows and a 2 piece quiver in the box $19 and change.

its the size of the box, keep it short as possible, the bow was 62" so the box ended up
66" x 6"
Harold

Offline BrianP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »
I just shipped a API Grand Slam Treestand from WA to TN.  Box was 32" X 23" X 14" weighing in at 32 lbs.  I got a rate from fedex and thought it was a bit high at $51.  Checked the rate for PARCEL POST...bout threw up to see it was $127.00!!!!!!  Needless to say, Uncle Sugar didn't get to carry my package to Tennessee.  Brian

Offline Desperado

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »
I wanted to send my 3 piece take down Black Widow to B.w. for a weight reduction. I took it to UPS and they wanted $40.00 !! I took it home , boxed it myself and sent it parcel post for $8.00!!
What can Brown do for me???? NOTHING!   Cotton

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 11:05:00 PM »
:biglaugh:  Good one cotton!!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2008, 05:11:00 AM »
Holy Cow! I've never shipped a bow or rifle that cost more than $25, including insurance to cover new item replacement!!!
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2008, 06:15:00 AM »
Last week I was in line at my local Post Office to ship a bow and a girl in front of me had an oversized package she wanted to mail. The person working at the counter told her that the UPS terminal was about a mile away and because of the size she could ship it much cheaper with UPS. They even gave her directions how to get there. Thought that was mighty nice of them.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »
It can be the insurance, length, width, etc etc that really drives up the price. However, you have to watch.I too took a bath on a bow that I mailed a while ago. I told the person that bought the bow[for a bargin price I might add] He said no problem I'll pay the differance[still waiting].  A few months back there was a Post Office where the worker got caught over charging for shipping costs and putting the differance in their pocket.Just my 2 cents.

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »
I'm fortunate to have some helpful post office folks in my sleepy little town.  They don't always know the reg's right off, but they do check them and treat me right.  I can go down the road to the next P.O. where they are super busy and it's a crap-shoot.  One thing I've learned to never do is go to a shipping store.  I alway get a newbie that doesn't know the rules and doesn't look at the various shipping options and always quote outragious prices.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©