Author Topic: Fixer Upper  (Read 321 times)

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
Fixer Upper
« on: August 09, 2014, 09:30:00 PM »
So I received a bow that was perfectly prepped for pegging in the handle.  I great man named Jerry gave it to me knowing that I loved peep sights and gave me the opportunity to fix it up.  It had a couple of coats of finish and it just wasn't right for his eyes and the last heating session popped the handle.  I used 1/4" oak dowels from the local box store and pegged a couple of holes in the handle.  We will see how she shoots in the morning.  I'll be sure to wear my safety goggles  :D  

He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fixer Upper
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 10:57:00 PM »
Did you put super glue down in the crack before adding the dowels? At least it is on the compression side. That is in your favor.    ;)  
 Good luck with it. Keep us posted.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fixer Upper
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 11:20:00 PM »
Oh yeah. I drenched the sucker a couple days ago. That crack was swimming in super glue.
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©