3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fall bear hunt , trad gang style!  (Read 2376 times)

Offline BANNOCK-.PT

• Trad Bowhunter
Fall bear hunt , trad gang style!
« on: March 04, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »
Hello fellow tradgangers,I have sort of an idea and I was wondering how many fellow trad gang hunters would be interested.My long time outfitter friend from manitoba was down here and he had a booth at a sportsman show and I sat with him there all weekend. I go up to his camp evey year for the last 7 years and we have become close friends. It's awesome, but I always used a compound. It was actually at last years spring bear hunt where I got bit with the "traditional bug". I shot one of my guides longbows. It was a cari- bow actually. Now I have sold the compound and am trad only. Anyway, I was sitting with him at the show when he gets a call from the natural resources telling him he has 8 more tags coming to him. He only had twelve to begin with and was booked for 3 years in advance. Now he has 8 tags extra for this year , next year and so on. My wheels start spinning and I tell him to make it a trad only camp. He says he doubts he could get the clientele. I ask him if I could get the clientele  would he set aside those 2 weeks for us tradgangers and trad only guys. He agrees. This area is crawling with huge bears and I really want his camp to become trad only since I love going there. He has been a bowhunter for 30 years himself so he always sets my stands up perfect for me. This would make the perfect bow only camp.So I'm in for the hunt and I am posting on here looking for a few of us who want to get together for an awesome hunt and a great time. He already agreed to buy a bunch of new 3-d targets for us at the camp.  All stands would be set up for bowhunters only from now on. Both he and I are excited to do this. So lets have some fun trad style. If anyone is interested post here or pm me as I have tons of info and pics from all my old hunts here. I Hope some are interested and we all can do a fall tradgang bear hunt.
Live every day like it's your last and one day you'll be right!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fall bear hunt , trad gang style!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »
Sounds like a great idea.  For me personally, fall is my time to hunt out west, but I wouldn't be a bit suprised that you find enough guys here to fill it up.  A group hunt with a bunch of other like minded people is about as good as it gets!  
Include some more details about the hunt, dates, camp, costs, etc., and I'll bet you find some responses!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »
I may be interested. PM me with the info! Or send to [email protected].

Thanks KY

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 05:00:00 PM »
Dennis how about some detail's. I might be instered.

doug77

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 05:09:00 PM »
Thanks to Golden Hawk a few of us Trad Gangers got together last fall for an Ontario bear hunt (Ituksum Camp) and had a great time!  If you can do it - do it!!

Rick

Offline dagwood64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
Please send info, dates, etc.  Thanks, Duane
DEER THE OTHER RED MEAT!

62" Sasquatch T/D Hybrid 47@28
64" Sasquatch T/D Static Tip RC 50@28
64" Flatliner Stealth 45@29
64" Thunderstick III 55@29, for now.
60" Big Rock Black Hunter 35/40@28 (Daughter's)

Sirach 2:1-11

Offline BANNOCK-.PT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
Thanks for all the replies and encouragement guys. I am getting a bunch of stuff together to post here. Pics etc. I am as new to traditional as I am at posting pics so bear with me. Pun intended.

Offline Hood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 05:33:00 PM »
Wish I could go, but I have a fall bear hunt lined up already...

Robert
All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players.
Performers and portrayers, each another's audience.

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »
Would definately be interested in some details...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »
I would like to see info,pricing,dates,etc....
                              Thanks Jason

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »
I would like the details as well.......
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »
Yeah....what they already said.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline BANNOCK-.PT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »
I wrote this as a pm to someone who inquired but it has all the info so I'm going to post it here also. The dates are either sept. 8-13 or sept 15-20th. Thats the only two fall weeks he hunts.
He usually only takes 4 guys a week for a real personal touch. So either of those weeks, and we would have 4 of us tradgangers in camp each week. I also thought I might try and convince him to maybe make it all in 1 week instead of breaking it up as ne normally does. 8 guys in camp at the same time for more of a rendesvouz type feel. Might be more of a real get together, not sure if he would go for this as it would require him to hire an extra guide that week and another cabin. But if thats what all 8 of us wanted I can almost guarantee he would do it. Let me know what you would like as I would take a poll, small and personal or more rendesvouz? The cost is $ 2400(hunt)+310(tag)+150 for a special fishing trip he put together for us. There is fishing every day outside the lodge, walleye and pike and perch etc. but that extra $150 would be for a trip on friday to a new lake that you catch like 100 walleyes in a day, it's awesome. This bear hunt is special. It's not cheap but it is the real deal. Huge manitoba bears. In 2005 he killed the #2 bear in mb. 21 almost 22 inch skull (huge). My friend mike is an awesome outfitter and an even better man. He runs a great trip. He puts his heart and soul into all the hunts I have been on. I guarantee it personally. Last year I took my dad up here and we had a blast. My dad killed a 6 1/2 foot 350 plus bear the first night. I filmed it. I had mike put up a stand next to my dads. The next night my dad filmed me arrow a beautiful bear. Two bears two nights. The lodge is first class also. You will be amazed if you decide to go. I actually just got off the phone with him and told him about this post and my plans. I told him he needs more 3-d targets and , All of us tradgang sweatshirts and some stuff. I know cari-bow bows is near there, maybe a side trip? He was all for it and couldn't wait as he would love to see this happen with all traditional. I think he was as excited as me.Let me know if it's something your interested in? I have a video of the lodge and his hunts if your interested, i am making copies so Send me your address and i'll get it out to ya! Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
hear is the wbe site.

whiteshelloutfitters.com.

doug77

Offline BANNOCK-.PT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »
thanks doug, I forgot that. The only thing about the website is that he just started updating it so that picture of the cabin  accomodations is wrong. Thats an older cabin we used to stay at. Now mike rents us a awesome cabin at pinewood lodge. Take a look where we will be staying;  http://www.mypinewood.com   those are his old prices from a few years ago too.

Offline Moooseran

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »
Hi Bancock : I'd be very interested in the hunt and also a look at your video,

[email protected]

Thanks moose

Offline BANNOCK-.PT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 03:02:00 PM »
I already have a couple people who are really serious about getting this going and want in  , anybody else looking for a fall  bear hunt with us? If you are thinking about doing a bear hunt in the future you might as well do  it now with the couple of us who are already in and looking for a few more . I'll keep this up for a couple of weeks and if i don't get enough of us to make it work than i will scrap it. But till then it's ........ttt

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
who do we have that is REALLY instered.

Doug77

Offline frank the hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »
i wood be instead in going cant go this year going on a elk hunt. i am working on doing the same think on deer hunts in IL. i had just got into trad archery myself,and just order my first cari bow.good luck to everyone going & have a great time & be save.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »
TTT

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©