Author Topic: Tiller Question on different release style  (Read 273 times)

Offline FOX SQUIRREL NUTS

• Trad Bowhunter
Tiller Question on different release style
« on: December 04, 2014, 03:38:00 PM »
Just curious to see what you would tiller a bow for using a 1 finger under release. I typically shoot crab claw (1 over, 1 under0 and then drop the top finger  to the side of the string when i reach anchor.  My last bow build was in the 1/8th inch range and wondered if anyone had some thoughts on this setup and changing the configuration for my builds this winter.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tiller Question on different release style
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »
I would tller it to bend evenly at full draw or may be lower limb stiff by 1/8 in. Jawge

Offline J.F. Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 07:13:00 AM »
intuitively, it seems to me like that is relieving a small amount of stress on the lower limb, much like shooting three under increases stress on the lower limb. you could probably make the lower limb a little more bendy and improve balance and timing. how much more bendy depends on the bow design, the epicenter of your hand pressure on the grip, etc. pulling the bow on a tillering tree will show you what you need to know, I think. know anyone who has a tillering tree? :-)
"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." Mark Twain

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 07:49:00 AM »
+ 1/8"

Offline Bowjunkie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »
I'm with Jamie. I would set my tillering tree up to replicate that hold on the string(as well as the archer's hold on the bow) and then adjust the strength of the limbs so that the nock point came straight back. Done.

Done this way, the measurements at brace will be whatever they will be... a result. Trying to tell exactly how a bow will act at full draw due to a predetermined measurement at brace is little more than a guess, imo.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 08:43:00 AM »
X's 2 on what Bowjunkie said...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©