Author Topic: Dymondwood question  (Read 297 times)

Offline BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
Dymondwood question
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:59:00 AM »
Due to the fire at Rutland Plywood where are you getting your Dymondwood?

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dymondwood question
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 05:13:00 PM »
AS far as I'm aware, they were the only ones producing it. You can still get actionwood, but I think the Dymondwood is a thing of the past.

Offline rockkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:59:00 PM »
I picked a couple of pieces in nov. from river ridge products when I was in wis. hunting.You can give them a call and see what they have left. 715 532 3015,  http://rrpwhite.com/dymondwood/

Offline mikkekeswick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 02:33:00 AM »
Or make your own! It's not that difficult  :)  Try finding somebody who has a stabilizing machine or do without the stabilizing and just glue some offcuts up.

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 06:40:00 AM »
from the river ridge site linked above-----

We have taken down the Dymondwood shopping cart while we process open orders. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Like everyone else that uses Dymondwood, we are waiting for any news concerning Dymondwood. We have been told Rutland Plywood will not rebuild. But we understand there is a possibility Dymondwood could be licensed or sold to another manufacturer. If we get any further information we will pass it along.

----they've been told Rutland will NOT rebuild!
Mike

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 06:57:00 AM »
Much nicer materials available for bow making and surprisingly to many, not nearly as expensive as dymondwood. Many are just as strong and some nearly as heavy or even heavier.

I still have a fair bit of actionwood for sale. I don't use the stuff personally so I don't have to worry about selling out of my stock. Unless someone steps up with a reasonable actionwood, I will discontinue it when my stock is gone.

BigJim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline rockkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by bamboo:
from the river ridge site linked above-----

We have taken down the Dymondwood shopping cart while we process open orders. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Like everyone else that uses Dymondwood, we are waiting for any news concerning Dymondwood. We have been told Rutland Plywood will not rebuild. But we understand there is a possibility Dymondwood could be licensed or sold to another manufacturer. If we get any further information we will pass it along.
It said this when I got my mind.I just called them.Just give a call if you are still looking for some.They may or may not be able to help you

----they've been told Rutland will NOT rebuild!
This was online when I got mind,I just called them.Give them a call and they may or maynot be able to help you.,if you are still looking.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©