Author Topic: Help with first KennyM build...  (Read 284 times)

Offline shreffler

• Trad Bowhunter
Help with first KennyM build...
« on: December 19, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »
So last summer my friends and I made takedown recurves building our own risers and using cross country ski's for the limbs.

While these were fun to make and shoot (and actually turned out surprisingly well), we want more. KennyM's build seems like the best place to start for an all inclusive laminated bow build.

First question: are there any good glass bow building books/DVD's out there? I've been lurking here for a while but there is just SO much info that it's kind of overload and would help to have one place to help me understand the process.

Second: I've found the thread with the PDF of Kenny's form which is a huge help. BUT - is there another thread out there with complete instructions? I searched but to no avail...I wasn't sure if there was step by step instructions on building the form as well as the bow all step by step or not.

This is going to be an adventure and I'm by no means in any hurry, so I'm trying to take it slow and absorb as much info as possible right now.

Any help with getting started is appreciated, I know this is asking a lot - but I have no one to teach me around here and this seems like as good of a place as any    :D

Thanks in advance.

Alex
"If you're not bowhunting, your spirit is on standby." - Uncle Ted

Offline rockkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help with first KennyM build...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
Heres one.It sure helped me a lot along with alot help from all the talent people on this site.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=125;t=003018#000000

Offline shreffler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 01:22:00 AM »
Rockkiller, thanks that is awesome. That will go a long way. Any other helpful threads out there? Advice from the man himself?  :D

Offline rockkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 06:44:00 AM »
Go to the built along forum.There is a bunch of help there.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 02:14:00 PM »
The Binghams DVD is supposed to cover a lot of it.

If you can wait til after bow season (Jan 15) I may do a form build on a new project bow I have circling in my empty head...

There is quite a few bow builds, but not so many form builds...
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline shreffler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »
Kenny, you hit the nail on the head. That would be SO helpful. I've searched for quite a while for solid step by step videos/plans for building a form but with no real good results. I would be super grateful for that.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©