Author Topic: Balance  (Read 344 times)

Offline mangonboat

• Trad Bowhunter
Balance
« on: December 23, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »
My Frankenbow (a set of Samick Sage limbs bolted and epoxied, in a way, to the magnesium riser of a Bear LTD compound) is top heavy...it wants to fall over when held loosely at arms length.  Every other recurve I've had  balanced well when suspended in the base of the grip, but this riser  wasn't meant to be a recurve..it was the support structure for a complicated set of multiple brackets, pulleys and cables.. and its top-heavy. A stabilizer in the bushing would probably "fix" that, but I don't want to haul a stabilizer into the woods, etc.  I first want to get it balanced "naked" . Theoretically, I can drill out some of the mass in the riser above the grip, but I don't want to start drilling unless I'm pretty certain I'm on the right track, as I cant put back what I drill out. The bow is already rather heavy, so removing weight sounds better than adding more below the grip. Thoughts? Suggestions?
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Balance
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 05:45:00 PM »
I had a friend machine slots in my riser. I've been shooting it for years with limbs up to 55#

But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline mangonboat

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Balance
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
I think your idea is going to be the winner, Ben. It's definitely a manufacturing defect...I bought another RH riser from a TradGang member and this RH riser is perfectly balanced and weighs noticeably less than my lefty riser.
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©