3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Question for LW sticks and hang on users or anyone who wants to answer !!  (Read 264 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
OK, I have a LW climber and my big problem with it is I sweat real, real bad. I wear very little getting to the tree and than climb and get dressed on stand. Do the guys who use these sticks and stand think  Iwould sweat less setting these up? My thiking was walk in with little on, set up sticks and stand climb down, cool down and than dress, what ya think!! Thanks!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shawn I love the LW Sticks with a hang on stand. I have a friend who has the climber and a set of sticks with a hang on, he hates the climber for the same reason you mentioned, plus he can set up as quickly and quieter with the sticks and stand.  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Flatstick

• Trad Bowhunter
You got it figured out Shawn,depending on what time of season it is. You may be surprised at how much less effort it will take when you use the sticks compared to the climber. I will most often get to the tree, dress, and then put up the sticks & stand so I do not have to come back down. Once I go up I stay up, if need be in colder weather I will leave off my heavy coat and just pull it up with my gear then put it on and settle in for the wait.
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
I use both the sticks and the sit and climb. IMO the climber is much easier to get set up in the tree.

Offline sgrogg

• Trad Bowhunter
I, like kctreeman above, also use both the sticks and the sit and climb. I agree that the climber is much easier to get set up in the tree.

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
I use the Sticks and Alpha hang on! My climber has been in storage for 3 seasons now, its brand new! I love the Alpha, goes in more trees than a climber will.

I'll go up the tree once while I hang the sticks and stand. I climb down tie on my gear, put on my warm clothes and climb back up and sit!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©