Author Topic: 2015 Annual Bowswap Progress Thread  (Read 16526 times)

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2015 Annual Bowswap Progress Thread
« Reply #1060 on: October 21, 2015, 03:56:00 PM »
Yup, that's what your bows remind me of. LMFAO

Offline Al Dean

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1061 on: October 21, 2015, 04:45:00 PM »
Roy,  Probably 12 strand on the string.  Thanks
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1062 on: October 21, 2015, 05:33:00 PM »
Ok.. PM me your mailing addy.

Offline Dmaxshawn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1063 on: October 21, 2015, 05:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by Roy from Pa:
AL you need not feel guilty at all. You got screwed over and apparently forgotten about. There are good men on here that want to see things done right. Shawn I will make the string. So you are saying the finished string needs to be 58 inches long? I'll build it out of fast flight, I'm thinking 10 strands would suffice.  Or should I go 12 strands? AL which would you prefer, 10 or 12 strands?
Hey old man make a 12 strand 58 inch FF string for a 62 inch recurve thanks Roy.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1064 on: October 21, 2015, 05:51:00 PM »
No problem pup..   :)

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1065 on: October 21, 2015, 06:05:00 PM »
Great job guys! This is more action than we've seen in months. Awesome donation bow Shawn!!!

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1066 on: October 21, 2015, 07:48:00 PM »
Some awesome generosity! Kuddos.

I really don't care if I receive a bow. I enter for the fun of making a bow for someone who doesn't know what's coming. To me, that's what the swap is about.

If receiving a high quality bow is important to you, I agree that not entering anything but one-on-one swaps is probably a better choice.

I've seen too many newbies really up their game and break new ground in these swaps over the last couple of years to think we should be sending the message that if you're not an accomplished bowyer, you shouldn't be participating.

If you look back, I think you'll see that a lot of the no-shows aren't even the newbies.

Just a couple of my pennies.

-Dave
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1067 on: October 21, 2015, 09:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by canopyboy:
Some awesome generosity! Kuddos.

I really don't care if I receive a bow. I enter for the fun of making a bow for someone who doesn't know what's coming. To me, that's what the swap is about.

If receiving a high quality bow is important to you, I agree that not entering anything but one-on-one swaps is probably a better choice.

I've seen too many newbies really up their game and break new ground in these swaps over the last couple of years to think we should be sending the message that if you're not an accomplished bowyer, you shouldn't be participating.

If you look back, I think you'll see that a lot of the no-shows aren't even the newbies.

Just a couple of my pennies.

-Dave
I agree. What really gets me is some one backing out over 2 months after the deadline.  Why wait so long and then bail?
I don't know their circumstances but i personally could not have done that. But that's just me!
I hope all is well with them!
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline Trux Turning

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1068 on: October 21, 2015, 09:50:00 PM »
Way to go Shawn!!

Offline cunruhshoot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1069 on: October 22, 2015, 01:32:00 AM »
I love it when Bowyers passions get fired up!

I am glad that Al will have a highend custom bow to enjoy. I think that the message and expectation for the swap has now  been clearly stated and all those following the thread will think twice before making the swap commitment! Personally I watched the swap a couple years before entering in 2014 and I had been building bows for several years and I was still anxious about the quality of my bow meeting the standard.

I had the privilege of building for Shawn.

Thanks Shawn for taking care of Al
As Iron sharpens Iron so one person sharpens another...Prov. 27:17

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1070 on: October 22, 2015, 08:02:00 AM »
Heck yes, nice job guys. Real nice.

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1071 on: October 22, 2015, 08:34:00 AM »
Originally posted by cunruhshoot:
 I think that the message and expectation for the swap has now  been clearly stated and all those following the thread will think twice before making the swap commitment!  
I understand where your coming from but I want to clarify that my only expectation is for people to deliver!! No matter how long it takes. The rules are pretty clear. If you need more time all you have to do is communicate. Quality is relative to ones own likes,dislikes,and experience.
I personally think my bows are sub par and the swap has helped me step up my game!
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline cunruhshoot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1072 on: October 22, 2015, 10:34:00 PM »
I am with you Crittergetter - I ran two thoughts together in my post. i do agree that communication is key. The gang here are some of the most gracious guys and if someone is behind alittle in their build a simple notification would go a long way.

One thing that I have enjoyed most about this place is the encouragement and support that is freely given.
As Iron sharpens Iron so one person sharpens another...Prov. 27:17

Offline ianpc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1073 on: October 23, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »
Some stellar guys on here!!

Offline Kiwi craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1074 on: October 29, 2015, 06:03:00 AM »
Hi guys I'm having trouble sending my trade bow out of NZ..the postal service won't take it because it's to long. The courier who did take it gave it back because they considered it a weapon.I have now got a freight company to accept it but they will not sent it until I supply them my recipients phone number.I have no luck finding the phone number from here maybe Kelly can help. This has taken far longer than it should have and I apologize for this.cheers craig

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1075 on: October 29, 2015, 08:19:00 AM »
Well I am guilty of being late, but as many have said, the important thing is communication. I have been in contact with Kelly and am getting close on my bow. Though the last time I said that, it broke. Good thing I'm not superstitious. I will hopefully be done by next weekend and will hand deliver. I really don't want to but if takedown to it I will pass my bow along, as the rules state. I hope my recipient can maintain his patience a little longer.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1076 on: October 29, 2015, 01:14:00 PM »
Perhaps I should chime in as one waiting and say it's all good. No major concerns here.
Lastly, I had requested a relatively high draw weight 60-70# if I remember correctly, but honestly I don't care much, so if she comes in light as long as I can call it a hunting bow ... That's just fine too. I know making higher weights can be a real PITA with wood.

Hope you get your shipping woes figured out Craig. Maybe BigBob has some advice ....

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1077 on: October 29, 2015, 06:40:00 PM »
Over here in Oz, Craig, I've never had quite that issue  regarding couriers not accepting the bow, but have had the phone number /email thing Frustrating i know as it took me several weeks before i could get the details when i sent one of mine over.twice recently . Either google up white pages for the recipient's area [ sometimes works] or perhaps Kelly has access to that person's details as the moderator for the swap.

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1078 on: October 29, 2015, 06:40:00 PM »
I got myself something to play with, I'm good to wait now.  Unable to ship out for that reason is valid to me.  Telling us I'm still here is valid to me.  It's the ones that just went dark that are getting to me.

Offline Kiwi craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1079 on: October 30, 2015, 03:00:00 AM »
Hi bigbob I had a go at Google and the white pages. There was some information on my recipient but sadly no phone number
I will do some more Searching tonight
Cheers craig

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©