Author Topic: 2015 Annual Bowswap Progress Thread  (Read 16570 times)

Offline Gaur

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2015 Annual Bowswap Progress Thread
« Reply #940 on: August 31, 2015, 09:31:00 PM »
ok halfseminole.  I'll be home late tomorrow after a week in Haiti working.  I'll crank it up some more then and see what kind of poundage I can get and get some pics up.  Thanks
"... He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver" Is 49:2

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #941 on: August 31, 2015, 09:46:00 PM »
Have made some great progress on my bow tonight. Is bending nicely, no hinges and well within weight. I'm glad I'm not superstitious as saying this would guarantee bow failure. Karma can kiss my patoot
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline mikkekeswick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #942 on: September 02, 2015, 02:00:00 AM »
Originally posted by KellyG:
Well that is our 25th bow in the mail. We need to wrap this thing up. Hunting season is apon us.
Is it heading over the pond?!

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #943 on: September 02, 2015, 12:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by mikkekeswick:

Originally posted by KellyG:
Well that is our 25th bow in the mail. We need to wrap this thing up. Hunting season is apon us.
Is it heading over the pond?! [/b]
I'm no geography expert but I think it's heading over A pond rotfl! Let's see, Hudson river and Atlantic to the east, Mohawk river and Great Lakes to the north, Ohio river to the west, and Delaware river to the south ... Yeah they'll be water crossing involved.

Update: according to shipping info it has already crossed said body of water. Anyone still waiting might wanna start stalking the postman! It's getting pretty close!

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #944 on: September 02, 2015, 07:49:00 PM »
:laughing:     :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:

Offline mikkekeswick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #945 on: September 03, 2015, 02:52:00 AM »
The 'pond' as in the Atlantic Ocean..... I wasn't talking about your bow Ben - it's for a right hander.
When you read that the trade is being 'wrapped up' and haven't received a bow or heard word that one is heading your way you start to get a little twitchy!

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #946 on: September 03, 2015, 07:26:00 AM »
Mike I know there are bows out i was just trying to get folks motivated to get them done. I get folks bows if they dont get one. Ink can tell you took me almost 2 years for him. But I am not worried yet folks are still comunicating.

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #947 on: September 03, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
How many bows remain to be completed? Thanks for your work on this swap Kelly!

I'm already planning on next years build to get a head start as my slow season is the winter.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #948 on: September 03, 2015, 08:28:00 AM »
I know what you meant Mike I was just busting your chops. Forgot you were a lefty ... Actually as a righty I think we sometimes forget that lefts even exist ... Sad but true.

Anyway, I have a feeling that today is the day for my unlucky customer. We shall see.

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #949 on: September 03, 2015, 09:18:00 AM »
Originally posted by SportHunter:
How many bows remain to be completed? Thanks for your work on this swap Kelly!

I'm already planning on next years build to get a head start as my slow season is the winter.
Well, there's at least one on my front. Last night I sanded my recipient's name off his bow and set it aside as unfortunately he shot the wrong hand to simply forward it on to his recipient. I then started to pull materials for a new bow, but realized I need to order some clear glass for what I want to make. You hit the nail on the head though - it's not the slow season and I'm going to have to work hard to find the time to get this thing done. It will likely be well into hunting season though before it shows up on their door step. Just want my new recipient to know that they are not forgotten though.

:wavey:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #950 on: September 03, 2015, 12:13:00 PM »
Somebody has a surprise waiting! I'll stop holding my breath once I know it has arrived unharmed.

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #951 on: September 03, 2015, 04:37:00 PM »
I'm close to starting to shoot my bow. Just a few more inches. Lower limb is timing a little strong and the outer third still a little stiff. Right where it should be, just a couple of months late
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #952 on: September 03, 2015, 04:50:00 PM »
As they say, better late than never! I know I'm in no rush ... I've got more bows than I can possibly shoot as is so ..... What's a few months really?

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #953 on: September 03, 2015, 09:58:00 PM »
This year has been such a blessing to me and my family! We had a baby girl a new job opportunity and a new house. Needless to say time is a little short these days but I should have this bow in the mail by Tuesday. One final sanding in the sunlight tomorrow and then apply the finish. By the way since this is a blind swap and I can't tell you your bow is one the way, but if ya look closely with how many people are left I anm sure you can figure it out and with that I am truly sorry on how long this bow is taking!

"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline mwosborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #954 on: September 03, 2015, 10:03:00 PM »
That bow looks as if it is worth the wait!
Enjoy the hunt!  - Mitch

Offline Gaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #955 on: September 03, 2015, 10:34:00 PM »
Here are some pics of the bow halfseminole made for me.

cranked it up as much as I could. You have to be able to slide the bone piece back and forth to get it to turn around and it got too tight to slide it more.  Cranking it up didn't seem to really up the poundage.  Still shows 30# on my scale.  Interesting bow though.
"... He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver" Is 49:2

Offline wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #956 on: September 03, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »
Well, it looks like the body of water Ben's bow had to cross was Lake Ontario, the Niagara River anyway.
Thank you Ben for a real beauty ( and a heck of a good shooter! ).
Words cannot convey how much I like this bow, from the woods used in it's construction, to the graceful curves of this all wood recurve. I need to get practicing with it now because I'm taking it moose hunting in two weeks.
Ben also did a bunch of research about my family name and the Maltese language ( very difficult to learn ) and gave the bow a great name, Soul of the Hunter, written on the bow in Maltese. Very cool!
He also sent me a lot of reading material about my heritage that I had never seen before.
Thank you again Ben, and thank you also to Kelly for the work you do to keep the swap running.
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #957 on: September 03, 2015, 11:56:00 PM »
You're very welcome my friend! I hope it serves you well on your hunt. I really enjoyed building it especially knowing it was going to a deserving new owner.

I kept looking at the bow you sent me last year for motivation as I had so many trials along the way this year. Looking at the care you put into your swap bows kept me on track.

Cheers

Offline wcdurand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #958 on: September 04, 2015, 04:19:00 AM »
Halfseminole, very interesting bow. Must have taken many hours to complete.

rmorris  ---  someone is going to get an excellent surprise and I am glad for the blessed year you had. Your family looks full of smiles. Family is a blessing.

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #959 on: September 04, 2015, 07:42:00 AM »
Randall -- that is a unique, interesting, and downright cool bow.

Ralphie -- nice bow someone will get, and wonderful looking smiley family!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©