Author Topic: What did you do today, 2015....  (Read 15226 times)

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What did you do today, 2015....
« Reply #180 on: March 07, 2015, 09:09:00 AM »
Can't remember how many old pianos I've cut up and burnt in the wood burner... Never thought about saving the ivory..

Offline goobersan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: March 07, 2015, 04:01:00 PM »
I'm surprised Roy. Guy born in your day would be thinkin of using em for new teeth    :bigsmyl:

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: March 07, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »
LMFAO   :clapper:

Offline Bowjunkie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2015, 05:50:00 PM »
I saved some osage from a pile of firewood today... about a dozen short logs. It was tough to pick through because they were all pushed into a big pile with an excavator, frozen together, and buried in snow, but I was able to get some drug out of there. Walked the property too and looked over a bunch of trees, nothing jumped out at me as exceptional but I didnt see them all and might go back when the weather breaks and look again.

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2015, 01:59:00 PM »
I was finally able to warm the garage up to 60 and varnish a pedestal I've been working on. Now that it's done I can finally get some bow building going.    :archer:  
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2015, 07:44:00 AM »
Saturday was the rescheduled first shoot of the season at the club. Only one other trad guy showed up to beat a path through the snow with me, but we had a great time. Sun was out, snow was still light and powdery, and I was shooting well. Later in the day it warmed up and started to melt. I'm sure the course would have been a slippery mess.

I got some good shop time in. Among other things I got some risers finally started. Nothing that special, but together with that big stack of lams from Troy it means there will hopefully be bows soon.

More importantly, DU3 joined me in the shop for a significant amount of time. She wanted to make a jewelry box out of a log. By bedtime last night, she was carving her name in the lid and putting the finishing touches on her sanding job.

Good times!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2015, 09:35:00 AM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: March 09, 2015, 10:16:00 AM »
good looking kids mate- even better that they spend some time with you in the shop.
I have a 12 almost 13 year old girl-- whooo wee!!    :eek:
she's an awesome kid, very helpful, but I can see the brain slowly turning to porridge- oh well it only for a few years !!   :scared:

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: March 09, 2015, 10:18:00 AM »
Looks like you had a nice day, Dave..

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2015, 11:02:00 AM »
Originally posted by fujimo:
...but I can see the brain slowly turning to porridge...
Well Wayne, I've got a 16, 14, and 11. Taken from a perspective outside my household, they are beautiful, smart, responsible, well-adjusted young ladies. But at home, there seems to be just too much estrogen in one house for any of the above to apply to more than one of the four females at a time!

Last night DU1 and DU2 chose to skip dinner and go to bed early after the unreasonable demands of their parents. (Emailing a coach and rinsing the dogs' feet off before bringing in the house.) I've noticed my wife is drinking wine almost every day now that we're into teenage years. And I've also noticed that the recycling bin also seems to have more empty bourbon bottles than before; we won't name names on that one.

I've decided that instead of threatening boyfriends, I plan to offer each of them a beer. They'll need it to deal with my daughters.

Personally, I hope my liver lasts long enough to see them off happily married and trying to raise my teenage granddaughters!

:pray:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2015, 11:22:00 AM »
I remember them years..   :)

Offline Bowjunkie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »
I've had great success threatening boyfriends. Don't underestimate it.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: March 09, 2015, 12:06:00 PM »
I plan to maim the 1st one...figure the word will spread and be easier goin from then on...
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: March 09, 2015, 12:26:00 PM »
I can't remember where I heard the story, forgive me if it was here on the bench:

Big burly dad walks out like a lumberjack and puts an axe through the hood of the boyfriend's car. Cost him a new hood to stay out of jail, but word got around crazy fast and he never had any more problems.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: March 09, 2015, 12:30:00 PM »
Yunno..that's a better idea...no medical bills.
   :thumbsup:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: March 09, 2015, 12:35:00 PM »
fujio-boy posted that...

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: March 09, 2015, 12:42:00 PM »

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: March 09, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »
that's a true story Dave, a good friend of mine called Kevin , is the badassed guy. hes easily 6'6" and just huge and broad( hes a faller- by trade), and he put the double bitted axe through the hood of the young suitors  car- the kid left in a hurry - word spread like wildfire at school- and it only cost him a "new" hood from the wreckers for the kids beater-
whenever I think about the story, I 'bout pee my pants   :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: March 09, 2015, 03:21:00 PM »
that is rich...lol

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: March 09, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »
think I might just erect a shrine to Kevin, at my house- a nice picture on the wall, of him holding the axe!!!

man ... how do we all live through this    :confused:      :confused:    I live on an island- I thought that was smart- that I could keep a handle on things- now I think it was the dumbest idea- 'cos now I think not one of the little blighters is good enough for my daughter, the little pimple infested, testosterone soaked little bantam roosters!!
now I think she needs more choice's, better options- there has gotta be a guy out there, good enough in my books to even look at her-
hmmm...maybe someone kinda more like me    :D      :D      :D         :laughing:      :laughing:   yea right!!! that's how we all got ourselves in this mess in the first place!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©