Author Topic: Emergency! Need two pair .080 Action Bamboo lams by Friday or Saturday  (Read 412 times)

Offline kiltedcelt

• Trad Bowhunter
Well, title pretty much says it all. I'm trying to build this Hill-style long bow, 68-70" NTN with a max 16" riser. The lams I got from a guy along with the glass I have is making the stack come up WAY short. I called 3Rivers since they're just over the border in Indiana (I'm in Chicago), and they're pretty much out of everything in .080 Tried calling Bingham's next, and even if they did have it, it wouldn't arrive until well into next week. The thing is, I have a four day weekend coming up (Saturday through Tuesday), and was hoping to get this bow almost entirely built during those four days off. It's starting to look like this mini-vacay is going to be a wasted four days if I don't have all the materials I need. My first thought had been to try KennyM initially but I couldn't even find a website or contact info for him. That's when I defaulted to 3Rivers, and then Bingham's. Bingham's was a last resort kinda thing since they're way the heck out in Utah, so I kind of doubted they'd be able to get anything shipped out quick enough anyway. Anyone got any ideas or am I up the proverbial creek?

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Emergency! Need two pair .080 Action Bamboo lams by Friday or Saturday
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 05:14:00 PM »
Look up Troy, he is a sponsor here and here is his website
 http://www.woodgallery295.com
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline Troy D. Breeding

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 06:10:00 PM »
Matt,

I'll be grinding lams in the morning. If I can help drop me a PM.
Troy D. Breeding
 www.WoodGallery295.net

Retirement ain't what it's cracked up to be.

Offline kiltedcelt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 06:26:00 PM »
Thanks Troy - PM sent.

Offline kiltedcelt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »
Okay - never mind folks - I talked with Troy at length, and from that and reading some more of the threads on here, specifically one of Jsweka's threads on a Hill-style build - I think I've got what I need. I'm going to make my riser 16" and use the glass and lams I've got. Also, since I probably only draw to 28" most of the time versus 29", I'm gonna make it 68" NTN. I'll see how close I come to my weight goal of 50-55# and use lessons learn there in the next go-round.

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 09:04:00 PM »
Where do you live by in Chicago? I am just at the border Wisconsin/Illinois if you have any questions further..

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©