Author Topic: awaiting new samples!  (Read 2605 times)

Offline wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: awaiting new samples!
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2015, 12:20:00 PM »
You know, I learned something a long time ago...
If you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything.
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2015, 01:11:00 PM »
:)  
i really dont know if i should respond to this or not, but for the benefit of other readers out there i will venture this explanation:
they have reams and reams of technical information.
 what i , however, am interested in, is how this glass compares  to other glass currently being used.
according to their specs- it is stiffer than the gordon glass, and stack heights need to be reduced by 10% to attain the same draw weight.
i merely want to verify this, so that there is not an entire first generation build of overweight bows out there.

James i am really sorry that you have decided to take this tack with regards to me- i am not sure if i have ever responded to one of your threads or previous posts in a negative light, if so then i humbly apologize. in fact i have always held you in high regard, and on a par with all the other good folk on this site- i have certainly never harbored any animosity towards you, and i sincerely hope i have never inadvertently  demonstrated any animosity towards you.
i really enjoy my time on the bench here, i enjoy the camaraderie, the friendly joshing, and the open kindness and giving ethos right across the board. there is something very unique  about "the gang" that does not exist on any other forum- well certainly none that i have been exposed to. i would like to continue in that light on here.

i do realize that this whole process is taking some time, and i do apologize for that. i am going as fast  as is possible with the product. the mistake i made was to tell people about the glass, before i was 100% ready with it. but initially we were going to do a combined retail order, the supplier has asked not to do that, as they do not want to be dealing with multiple small orders.
so i have opted to lay out the cash, and distribute their product- so, i am sorry, but as this is a significant investment for me- i will  be protecting my source- like any reasonably astute businessman might do.

it is not in my nature to be unnecessarily abrasive. i live by a very simple maxim in my life : " i dont make sh1t, but i dont take sh1t either", so jamesv if this is something you feel that strongly about, i would be more than happy to forward you my physical address, and you are more than welcome to come and discuss this with me in person, in any manner that pleases you.   i am never impressed with people who hide behind a computer screen to make their insulting insinuations.
so until you have some money invested in this JamesV, or have an outstanding, unfilled order- just shut your trap, and stay off this thread!

to the rest of you folk, thank you for your time and patience.  we are close to seeing a result. in the meantime- looks like gordons seem to have possibly resolved their issues somewhat- Big Jim has all sorts of glass.
this process was never intended to hurt or destroy Gordons, or to swindle people out of their $$, just trying to resolve an issue.

thanks all.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »
Fujimo, your intentions and motives have been clear from the beginning.  At least to myself.

I am baffled by the negative comments.  If there is an agenda behind them, it is hidden.  

Just continue on.  Many here understand what you are doing and appreciate it.
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2015, 06:10:00 PM »
Fujimo.............

You are the one that stated that this company has to remain a secret when I requested more info. I think this thread, all 7 pages, is a crock and shouldn't have been posted until you got your ducks in a row. But again this is my personal opinion as I am sure you have yours.

Cheers
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
I'd rather not buy into this as I don't 'know' either protagonist personally apart from my dealings on this forum, but i really believe you are are well out of order JamesV with a belligerent attitude in regard to fujimo and this post.In my humble opinion fujimo has sourced a possible alternative to the current supplier, which he is entirely entitled to do, and to relay that information to others on this forum, and that in the interests of protecting a possible commercial involvement in said same, would naturally refrain from explicit details until such time as any financial investment is protected.I for one can easily see the logic of that!

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
Well, there have been 105 replies to this thread, and the only negative/ignorant posts have been from James. Not sure what your objective is James. However, you have the right to buy your glass anywhere you choose! I suggest doing that, instead of slinging crap at a man who is just trying to help other bowyers out.

Offline Krasus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2015, 09:47:00 PM »
Spot on boys! !

Offline wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2015, 11:05:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:  
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2015, 01:13:00 AM »
Keep calm and carry on Fuji!
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline Mark R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2015, 02:29:00 PM »
I've been watching this thread periodically from the beginning, seems that Fuji and jamesv are both looking for answers to the clear glass issues we have been having for some time now, I think james has legit concernes,nothing more intended.Fuji is trying to resolve a problem and for his hard work should be fairly compensated if he prevails,nothing more. I have made a wonderful shooting bow with streaked clear glass,my fault for not doing my due dilligence,my only reason for looking into this is to find good clear glass.I'm not in for a pissing contest, I think some should not assume james unanswerd questions are anything more than that. As far as this thread,its way to long and I appoligize for making it longer

Offline Elison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2015, 11:11:00 AM »
Fujimo, I live in Brazil where we don't have much access to archery stuff.
Bo-tuff for example, in Brazil there was only one place who sell it and it from bearpaw.
But now these same place started to make your own bows (for bearpaw) and stoped selling the glass, breaking all the bowyers.
Some time ago I made contact with gordon and bought some glass and re-distribute to a couple of bowyers here, but now Gordon closed the door to make business directly with us forcing us to buy with any distribuitor.
The problem is because the shipping, the tax and the down of our currency, the glass arrives here costing 3 times more.
Could you send me the contact of this company?  ( can be in MP )
I would try to make contact to try help our bowyers here...    :(
Elison J. G. Lusvardi

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2015, 04:02:00 PM »
will send pm Elison.
heres an update on the glass.
the samples arrived- I thought they looked really great- no flecks like the forst batch- some faults but pretty darn small.
i sent the samples down to BIGJIM- he said they were ok- better than the run of the mill gordons stuff- but not perfect( or something like that- been a while   :)  )
he said he would build a bow with them, and have some feed back- guess he is just really busy- dont know if he got around to building the test bow yet    :dunno:  
so thats where it sits- i really wanted to bring the stuff in, would help us all out- little despondent right now.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2015, 04:35:00 PM »
thanks for the update. I hope this all works out for everybody.

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2015, 12:41:00 AM »
fujimo i still have the two early samples you sent as I'm trying to find the time to make a bow for myself so I can judge the difference in strength etc compared to other stuff.These are the ones with a little fleck in them hence the reason to make one for myself. Still not sure when I will find that time just yet as things are a bit hectic for me at the moment. As soon as i do i will let you know how it went!

Offline Elison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2015, 08:46:00 PM »
OK Fujimo! I'm waiting...  
Thank you very much! =)
Elison J. G. Lusvardi

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2015, 06:02:00 PM »
I'm sorry I haven't gotten back with you on the glass. When I received it I was unable to start due to much traveling. Three days after our last shoot (end of Aug), I had a hip replacement.
I'm still on crutches and can't stand more than 10 minutes at a time. As soon as I'm able, I'll glue those up and let you know.
Bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »
notta problem big fella- jus' when yer ready!   :)    :)

Offline mikkekeswick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2015, 02:03:00 AM »
Sorry to hear that Jim, get well soon.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2015, 06:56:00 AM »
Wish the best and a speedy recover, Jim.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©