Author Topic: awaiting new samples!  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Buemaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: awaiting new samples!
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2015, 04:57:00 PM »
Was it lenght wise?    :bigsmyl:  Bue--.

Offline wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2015, 06:39:00 PM »
I flew right over it Roy. Didn't even break a sweat!
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 07:22:00 PM »
:laughing:     :laughing:   Bue!!!

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 12:49:00 AM »
"i swam the English channel once"--- Was that when it was still only a ditch in the medieval ages Roy?   :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015, 05:18:00 AM »
Ok Bobby, nuff outta you..

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2015, 06:38:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:     :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2015, 06:54:00 PM »
Too late, I added ya to the thumpin list Bobby Boy...    :laughing:

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2015, 03:38:00 AM »
hope ya'll got a loooong arm!   :jumper:    :jumper:

Offline savage1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »
Any more info on this?
I think if another source is established it is a good thing.
I have not made too many bows but I have posted several times on the glass milky and streaky.
No faith in Gordons quality for us.
Chicken today feathers tomorrow.
Thats Gordons..

Lou
Beetle kill, Usa.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2015, 03:42:00 PM »
allright... so its been awhile- and after hearing all the good news( or so i thought!) about gordons getting clear glass, i kind of backed  off on my side. really did not want to step on any toes.
but recently i have been informed that the clear glass may not be all its cracked up to be- and apparently Gordons dont know about this clear glass thats is being sold- so i need to get to the bottom of this first.

this is my main concern, if we do start importing clear glass from Europe- gordons- who apparently find the clear glass, a pain in the ass   :laughing:  might just quit making bow glass altogether- and if ever our supplier has problems of their own- we could be up the creek without a paddle.

also, in full disclosure,this supplier does not want to deal with hundreds of the end users- for the sole reason, that their costs are really quite low, and have not costed in all the extra administration costs of dealing with individuals- they are a big supplier, and have been around a while- but are geared for mass distribution, and not retail sales.
so they have approached me to be their distributor- and i am considering that- that should make it easier for local guys to get just a few pieces etc, and not deal with the whole import export thing.
if i do go this route- i will register on here as a distributor, pay my dues, and then move this all over to the appropriate sub forum on here!

what are thoughts on all this?

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2015, 07:24:00 PM »
I have been wondering exactly that, as you have suggested re the that possibility.One will never know either whether Gordons might just decide the clear glass is too big a hassle in any case. No easy answer to all this, but would be good to have the second option of two suppliers if it was feasible.

Offline soy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2015, 05:00:00 PM »
Who gives a crap about gordons if you have access to a better product? If it is not better why waste the time...

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2015, 06:52:00 PM »
i just dont want to be the guy responsible for gordons stopping making glass, clear, coloured or otherwise.

Offline Troy D. Breeding

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »
It's really pretty simple. Gordons has had a the glass business locked up for several years now. Without competition they can do as they please. From what I'm seeing they have decided to stop culling glass and forcing us to except what they offer reguardless. Competition will either force them to get off their backsides and improve their product or stop making it. If they stop making it and see how well the competition is doing they will start back with a better product. It's just simple business.
Troy D. Breeding
 www.WoodGallery295.net

Retirement ain't what it's cracked up to be.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2015, 08:07:00 PM »
that is a good point Troy. i just didnt want a situation, where they stopped manufacturing, and something happened to the new supplier- and then there would be nothing. but you have an excellent point.

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2015, 08:26:00 PM »
Even if everyone here bought only the new glass, it wouldn't be drop in the bucket for Gordons. It might however get their attention enough to clean up their act.

If you have the time, we need the glass!
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »
i have the time, i just backed off some when i heard that there was new glass that was good, but i will persue it again.
thanks beachyboy!   :D

Offline Krasus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2015, 12:24:00 AM »
What's the skinny on the new glass?

The last bow I just did was from Gordons and had some streaks but I was able to get rid of them by sanding up to 1000 grit wet.

That being said I would love to have a local supplier for my glass  ;

Offline mikkekeswick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2015, 01:55:00 AM »
If you had no competition your standards could slide some and it wouldn't be a big deal.

I've made my last 6 or so bows with this glass, sure it's got some 'flecks' in it but they are evenly distributed and all the same size so it kind of looks like they are meant to be there and the look is acceptable, to me anyway.
It seems to be the same stiffness etc as the Gordon's glass, same stack has given me the same weight.
If Gordons sort out their quality control though I would rather have it without the flecks...but then there is import duty for me to pay on anything from America.

Offline cunruhshoot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2015, 10:27:00 AM »
Just a side note observation or question...How is this glass situation impacting the big bow makers - like Black Widow, Great plains etc.? Are they recieving the same glass as we are or are we getting the left over product?
As Iron sharpens Iron so one person sharpens another...Prov. 27:17

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©