Author Topic: awaiting new samples!  (Read 2609 times)

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: awaiting new samples!
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2015, 12:34:00 PM »
Just a SWAG, but many of them probably stocked enough of the old glass to weather the storm?
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2015, 09:24:00 AM »
If this company was capable of producing clear glass in the quality and quantity you suggest, then there are distributors already set up that would be glad to take their line on and the manufacturer  would be pursuing these distributors. I am sure this company does not have machines and employees sitting around waiting, while you toy with the idea of importing/distributing their glass. Just 10% of the US and Canadian market would require an enormous operation.

James
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2015, 10:57:00 AM »
James, I am going out of my way to try and help others , in the spirit of the general attitude on here, namely tradgang! I personally elected to back off on the deal, when I heard all sorts of feedback that Gordon's had resolved their issues, which I since have found out, does not entirely seem to be the case. My prime motivation in doing so, was to not create an issue with supply, for all the other bowyers on here. This was not all about profit and business enterprise for me. I have a good job, that more than keeps me busy,but my intent was to help people out. If you would care to have a decent conversation with me, and to refrain from the unfounded insinuations and assumptions that you are making, then please feel free to pm me. Or at the very least, to respond in a decent manner on the thread. I take objection to your attitude.

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2015, 07:23:00 PM »
From my interpretation of the issues around the quality of clear glass emanating from Gordon's, it is apparent to me that fujimo's actions to date concerning another possible supply source was done with the best of intentions and really does not warrant any aspersions cast upon his motives nor character whether tacit or implied.

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2015, 07:54:00 PM »
Would be nice to see another source of good glass.  It would undoubtedly result in a competitive spirit between the two.  We could end up with two suppliers of good glass.  Might even be some price competition there.
Monterey

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2015, 01:26:00 AM »
Fujimo.................

Go back to the second page of this post and respond to the questions I asked over a month ago, that should do it for me.

James
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2015, 08:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by JamesV:
I would like to know a few things about this company. Is this an actual factory producing glass for the commercial market?

yes it is a real company. they produce all sorts of glass products for the aeronautical and recreational industries  

What is the name of the company and where are they located?

cant say at this stage- sorry  

Do they have a web site and how are they marketing their products now?

they have been selling their products for a long time, and are a well established and respected company.  

Contact information, price list?
       :biglaugh:      

There seems to be a lot of interest in this glass and the company should be happy to get their info out there.

as i have said, the bow glass is an incredibly small aspect of their business- and they require minimum orders for them to even look at it. but they are not interested in dealing with lots of small export orders, can you imagine the logistical and administration nightmare for them- they want to simplify things for themselves and their cost infrastructure, and deal with distributors  

Help us out here.

James

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »
and for Bob and Monterey, and all other interested parties out there. i shall pursue this further, and hope to have glass available in this country as soon as is possible.
but like i have said, it is heaps better than the streaky stuff from gordons, but the last sample i got, did have that minor fleck in it- i would check it out on a sample piece before making up a full bow. it is not noticeable on the medium and lighter woods, but on my ipe sample it was noticeable- but certainly not as intrusive as the streaks

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2015, 08:41:00 PM »
Fujimoboy, do they make Osage lams? That's all I wanna know son..

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »
:biglaugh:    will see if they do orange glass!

Offline Krasus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2015, 12:03:00 AM »
Any updates Wayne? If it makes it easier I can pick up at the airport or port in vancouver for you? Help keep your import costs down.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2015, 11:50:00 PM »
thanks Cody, might very well call on ya mate.    :)      :thumbsup:    
this is the latest news- but  i am a little gun shy about posting updates on here now.
but anyway- this is the latest:
i am super glad we did not rush in and buy a whole heap of the glass - similar to the sample i showed on here- it had those small flecks in it- and even though it was heaps better than the gordons glass- it was not quite 100%- and i was a bit apprehensive- so hence the reason for doing the sample layups, and posting pics- in order to get a general opinion.

speaking to the supplier again, and chatting about the bow market, they have jumped right on the plan, and have sent me their latest samples- which is apparently very clear- and free of flaws( like ze vindo glaas- they said)

so the new samples will be here shortly- i cant wait.

i must point out, that this is the second time they have sent me samples- via air shipping- all at their cost- without so much as a request from me.
i am finding them a pleasure to deal with thus far.
prompt delivery, and honest about their products.

will keep everyone posted.

please remember,my main motive here is to try and resolve a problem- and to help some fellow bow builders out.
not trying to screw anybody around, or lead anybody down the garden path!-if this is taking too long- or its too frustrating- just keep using whatever is available  till we get this stuff here. i just had a hunch/feeling about the previous samples- and i am glad we waited a bit- it seems for the best now.
cheers
wayne

Offline bigbob2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2015, 05:11:00 AM »
all sounds good to me!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »
Thanks Wayne for the the due diligence
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Krasus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2015, 10:18:00 AM »
Great to hear! Keep us posted

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »
Don't be reluctant to post updates.  For every member who posts here there are another 10 to 20 who read.  That makes a bunch  of us who are following your efforts. Don't allow a few negative comments to discourage you.
Monterey

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »
What he said ^^^^
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2015, 06:43:00 PM »
Yup...

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2015, 07:00:00 PM »
Roger that---thanks mates   :wavey:

Offline Carpdaddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »
Amen
Stumpshooting; Slinging sticks with sticks toward the origin of the sticks.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©