3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Getting fit for hogs  (Read 333 times)

Offline njbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Getting fit for hogs
« on: March 05, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »
Well guys i just want to share this with you guys and possibly help someone else to lose weight in the process.
A little background first i'm 5'10" and weighed 345# (been heavy all my life) but never let that stop me in any way. My son(stepson) Nick who is 15 came to me and said he wanted me to take care of myself to be around a long time so we can hunt together for a long time, he is working on getting his license. Well this brought a tear to my eyes, so in janurary i joined a gym and i have been going at it hard. What a differnce a few months make, when i first started i couldn't stay on the treadmill for more than ten minutes now i am up to 25 mins. I have lost a total of 30# so far. And plan on losing much more.
this also helped me with archery i can now hold my 55# Crow Creek at full draw much longer now and gained 1/4" draw length. So you guys down south might get an pm from me one day to send me info on a hog hunt for me and my son. Guys dont say im gonna do it get out there look at your loved ones and just do it.
God bless you all Steve
"The root of a human's soul grows from and is nourished by simple activities such as hunting"....Steve Fausel

Offline CJ5

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Getting fit for hogs
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
Congrats Steve.......good job  :thumbsup:  . It sure does make you feel better when you get regular exercise.

Offline Longbow rookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
Way to go Steve!  Keep it up...you'll be amazed at the rewards - both physical and mental.  Looks like you're off to a solid start.  Let me know if there's anything you need in terms of workout ideas, etc..

CJ

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
Kepp on going bro.   :thumbsup:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Son of Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »
Congrats keep up the good work   :clapper:

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 02:09:00 PM »
Way to go Steve, it takes lots of will power and commitment. Just think of all the years your adding to your life and all the hunting trips with your son. Life's way to short to die early! Kepp it up, hog huntin is real addictive.
hunt it

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©