Author Topic: Best way to transfer riser template?  (Read 292 times)

Offline shreffler

• Trad Bowhunter
Best way to transfer riser template?
« on: May 22, 2015, 12:22:00 PM »
So I've been lurking here for quite a while now, and my Dad and I decided to build a Bingham's kit bow as my college graduation present and are just now getting around to it. We've got all of the forms/heat boxes and just got the materials for the bow in the mail.

It came with a full sized riser template, but it's on a huge sheet with a form template as well.

What's the best material to transfer that template to, and how should I do it? I don't just want to cut the original out, but I need a cut out of it somehow to transfer to the riser block.
"If you're not bowhunting, your spirit is on standby." - Uncle Ted

Offline Krasus

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Best way to transfer riser template?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
Use a sheet of vellum. Or you can get carbon paper, trace it straight onto your work. Cheap too.

Offline milehi101

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 08:32:00 PM »
I have taken them to a copy place like Kinko's and made a copy of the sheet then just cut the piece I wanted out and transferred it to a piece of thin .060 aluminum then cut it our. Now I have a Pattern from now on.

Offline karrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 09:58:00 PM »
I used a pc of 1/8 inch plex o glass laid it over the paper template and traced with a sharpie. u can use a ruler for the straight lines and free hand whatever else. also whatever you use make sure that it is easily sanded and shaped, like plex o glass.
Kevin Day

Offline shreffler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys. I will try some of the mentioned methods and see what I can come up with.
"If you're not bowhunting, your spirit is on standby." - Uncle Ted

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©