Author Topic: lookee lookee  (Read 678 times)

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
lookee lookee
« on: June 03, 2015, 09:58:00 AM »

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: lookee lookee
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 10:22:00 AM »
31" draw?   :biglaugh:
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline Krasus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:23:00 AM »
Oh snap.  We will have to try it out  ;) . Lucky dog

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 10:26:00 AM »
Numbers look good....   :thumbsup:  
what's the story behind em?
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 10:38:00 AM »
31.5"

yup Norbert- didnt know how to take a picture of my orangutan arms   :laughing:    :laughing:  
will get the rest of the pics up in a while- this all takes time with a techno peasant!

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »
lol...nice
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 04:31:00 PM »
You won't need a string tracker. Just follow the smoke trail!    :thumbsup:  
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 07:54:00 PM »
Is that with the new glass?
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 10:05:00 AM »
yea.. i wish this was my design/bow.
this is a beauty made by Mark Daniel.Mark Daniel of Mississippi fame!!      :D      
Mark had helped me a lot when i was working on my short, 1 piece static tip recurve- with advice, dimensions and even plans and drawings which he posted up.
 that when he showed a bit of an interest in my bow, and said he might like to try one- i jumped at sending him all the plans and specs, but also offered to build him a blank, and send it down to him to finish, the way he wanted.
instead of having to build the form etc.
 he wanted some special woods in the bow- (i did offer him yew!!) so he said he would send some up.
 well the package arrived, with permission lam wood, riser blocks, glass- and a little something extra      :eek:      

i was shocked!! and mad!!! that he had sent all the materials, as building the bow for him was the least i could do- any way- so now its gonna be a finished bow heading his way!!      ;)    

these are my thoughts on it:
i love the bow- shoots fast, and accurate- if you do everything right. not saying it is a sensitive bow. but i can be inclined to pluck the string if i havent shot in a while- and this bow will send them about 6" wide at 20 yards if i do. but if i do my job, she shoots straight and fast!!

it is very smooth to draw- no stack at my ape like long draw- 31.5".

super smooth to draw!!!!

one thing about 3 pieces, is that i usually find them quite heavy- i know that it surely helps with stability and accuracy- but i hate lugging them around in the bush all day- but this  one is so light, slim and sexy- i WILL have no problem carrying this one all day!!( this bow is gonna pull chicks!!)

did i mention it was REEEAALLY smooth to draw!

no hand shock- need some silencers on it  - not super noisy- but will need to be quited down a bit for hunting- some cat whiskers!!

the quality of workmanship is amazing- i love the colour combos, and the tips in themselves are a work of art- the little phenolic overlays at the nock sides- the string grooves, the bridges- the lams on the overlay and the heavily trapped back in the tips to reduce weight- all add up to a perfect combo in my mind- deep static hooks- that are stable and well mannered.

i really like this bow- gonna be shooting it a lot. its also the only 3 piece i have.

seen this style of full draw pic on here- so my first try at it- really like the result

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 11:51:00 AM »
Nice job Wayne!  I like the limb butt overlays and the way you have shaped the string grooves, sort of key-holed them.

Quite the draw by the way, anchor at your ear?
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 07:05:00 PM »
i would love to take credit for this bow Murray, but my friend ,Mark Daniel built it.
and she is a beauty.
yer right, this bow is all about the tips- the power and speed derives from them, and in turn, Mark has put a lot of effort into their creation.

the best think though, is just how it nestles into the palm of the hand, and is more like a nice wooden one piece bow- its light and balanced- easy to carry and nice to shoot.   :)

i have changed to the "Rick Welch" style/technique  of shooting , where the thumb knuckle anchors under the ear lobe, and the nose touches the specially  positioned cock feather - this gives a two point anchor, that really ensures proper back tension, and combined with the 3 under release has drastically improved my accuracy and consistency- i could not ever imagine going back to a split, finger on the eye tooth  way of shooting- this works very well for me..
and yup , it does add some to the draw though   :D

Offline Charlie Hinkel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 07:15:00 PM »
Very nice, Mark!  I like how you did the static tips and the overall look of the bow.  Bet it shoots sweet!
An hour in the shop is worth two in the yard

Offline Mad Max

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »
Thanks Charlie
It's definitely a labor of love
The tip angle is to much for a 28" draw
As I was talking to fujimo (Wayne) he said he had a 31/32" draw so I found a home for it.
we are having our own bow swap.

GET THAT PERSIMMON DUST FLYING
I would rather fail at something above my means, than to succeed at something  beneath my means  
}}}}===============>>

Offline Krasus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 08:43:00 PM »
Wow . beautiful work man.  Can't wait to check it out. Lol my wife was teasing me saying one I get to your place I won't want to come home lol.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 10:25:00 PM »
hey ... lotsa pretty island girls here- all in bikinis all day   :D

Offline Krasus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 10:48:00 PM »
Suns out buns out  ;)

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 07:26:00 AM »
Very nice Mark!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 09:56:00 AM »
yup, you can see Mark is a machinist- this thing is built to exacting tolerances.

Offline dhermon85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 09:55:00 PM »
Good looking bow there! Nice job Mark. I bet that arrow went a long way when you released   :)

Offline Mad Max

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 10:29:00 PM »
yep
thanks
I would rather fail at something above my means, than to succeed at something  beneath my means  
}}}}===============>>

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©