Author Topic: Limb alignment  (Read 383 times)

Offline Submarinokotbw

• Trad Bowhunter
Limb alignment
« on: July 05, 2015, 11:11:00 AM »
Hello all,

I have a question about limb alignment on my new T/D longbow limbs. I put a couple of beiter limb gauges on the limbs and i noticed that the alignment between the two is off. When the string is centered in the top gauge the string is off to the right on the bottom gauge (sitting on top of the right white line on the gauge), and When the string is centered in the bottom gauge the string is off to the left on the top gauge (sitting on top of the left white line on the gauge). They are off about equally to the right and to the left, and the tips seem to be in alignment. No limb twisting going on. It does not seem to affect the shooting of the bow as far as accuracy or noise. However the center of the bow seems to be a bit different and I may after further testing have to adjust the plunger on my bow if i keep them. Does anyone have advice on what i should do next? return the limbs to bowyer? Is this even a problem?

Thanks in advance

Ben
I like a man who grins when he fights--Winston Churchill

Great moral teachers dont introduce new moralities: quacks and cranks do that...--C.S. Lewis

Offline talkingcabbage

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Limb alignment
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 12:26:00 PM »
Without pictures I'd say as long as there's no twist and the string is in the center of the riser, you're probably fine.
Joe

"If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."

One of two things will happen; it'll either work or it won't.

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 02:25:00 PM »
So this is not a bow that you built?  I would send it back to the bowyer.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 08:32:00 PM »
whats it look like when you eyeball the bowstring, limb and riser? does the string run down the center of each?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©