Author Topic: black and white ebony  (Read 269 times)

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
black and white ebony
« on: July 12, 2015, 08:05:00 AM »
Hey guys...if any of ya'll are going to the IBO or Denton hill, I will have a bunch of B & W ebony there for sale. If you are capable of buying as much as 10 bd'..or more, you can reap some substantial savings.

I purchased a 1000 bd ft of this stuff last month and will move a couple hundred feet before I process it up for the  masses. Look me up when you get there.
thanks, bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline Bowjunkie

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: black and white ebony
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 12:54:00 PM »
Jim, that sounds enticing. I was trying to think of a good reason to go to Denton. I'd also be interested in some clear glass if you could find room to bring it.

Offline Wagstaff

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 10:27:00 PM »
Jim sold me a good size piece of B&W Ebony a few weeks ago..  

If he has more like this, it'll make some nice looking bows...

Offline mikkekeswick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 02:22:00 AM »
What would the postage to England be like? I can't find any at my suppliers.....I'd be looking for some long enough for limb lams (2 x 36inches) and riser blocks 2 1/4 x 2 x 20 (or similar).

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 11:36:00 PM »
I can't say for sure MIkkekeswick, but a 2 x 4 x 36 would weigh about 12 lbs or so for shipping.

I could also cut the lambs for you  and sell you riser blocks and save a bunch of weight.

I'm bringing about 350 bd ft of the b & w ebony up to Denton....well, if I don't sell in at the IBO. About half or so of that is already sold, but there is still a bunch left.

Be aware though, none of this is ready to use today...nor are you likely to find much available in the country that is dry unless you find a piece hear or there. Most of the wood suppliers are in such a hurry to get there money back as soon as possible that they don't bother sitting on it to dry it.
If you want some to use in the future, it is best to purchase it sooner than later and process it so it can be ready when you are.

I will be processing all of what I have but that will also make the price go up as I must invest a bunch of time in it.

Be aware, if you buy a piece of wood that has wax on it...it is not dry.
Thanks, bigjim
Bow Junkie, I should have some glass there.

thanks, bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©