Author Topic: HELP  (Read 221 times)

Offline stack

• Trad Bowhunter
HELP
« on: September 06, 2015, 07:15:00 PM »
Here it is 24 days before opening day and I go out to shoot a few arrows and I find the upper limb on my bow is starting to lift from the riser. What I have is a binghams hybrid that I built back in Feb. Where it it lifting is where I tapered my upper limb on the back 1 1/2 inches below the shelf. Right now it is only up just enough that if you rub your finger over it it feels like a knife edge. Any way to get this glued back down and have it hold??? I cant upload pics but I can send them via text if you can help me.

Thanks
Bill

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 09:16:00 PM »
Bill, I sent you a PM. I will try to post your picture

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 09:22:00 PM »
The location does not sound like the bow is done for. The first two ideas I have is fill with super glue and the second is hit it with a little sand paper and see if the crack goes away.  You have a veneer , wood or bamboo between the glass and the riser? I have seen woods change with humidity causing a slight edge you can feel.
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline stack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 09:23:00 PM »
Thanks to every one for the help. I got ahold of Greg from Javaman bows and he told me what should fix it. Thank you Greg. I really need to get a good camera and learn how to post pics!!!

Bill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©