Author Topic: Red River Broadheads  (Read 430 times)

Offline Esau

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Red River Broadheads
« on: September 12, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »
We are a new Broadhead Company and we are a sponsor on this site.

Please check us out.

http://www.redriverbroadheads.com/

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Red River Broadheads
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 04:37:00 PM »
i think your broadheads are cool, just a few quick things
1. we wont be able to use the cross cut up here in canada- we are not allowed to use a broadhead that creates any barb, ie the trailing edge of the blade has to be  90 degrees  or greater to the shaft.

2. if i were trying to appeal to trad archers, i might have included a similar test with a trad bow- personally as soon as i see a wheelie bow- i just switch off. now that is not a criticism, just some friendly advice, but then again take that from whence it comes. nobody more subjective and opinionated than a convert...right? many folk on here shoot both, and most will be looking at your test results- not concerned as to what you shot it with- its just me!

3.i think testing on a dead hog, in my opinion creates a more realistic testing scenario- how that would be accepted publicly, i dunno.
but i do think your test results were pretty impressive.      :)      

4..now i am sure that down in texas, the hogs are vermin, do a lot of damage and are despised- i understand that, however putting a video up of  shooting a live hog in a pen with archery tackle, in not very cool, that kind of footage, of hunting "canned" animals is what generates negative publicity for ALL hunters, especially with the fella hidin' behind the fence with the video camera!        :thumbsup:

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 05:29:00 PM »
Agree with fujimo.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 06:35:00 PM »
I would also agree with Fujimo on all counts.

I actually had to stop watching the video. Surprised me a little bit. Ive never been good at keeping my mouth shut so here goes.

I think we owe it to all animals to slaughter or harvest in the most humane and ethical manner that is practical/possible. I understand the need for testing, but frankly that video was too much for me. This is coming from a person who has hunted, who has killed, who has raised, slaughtered and butchered animals, and raised and sacrificed animals in the name of science. The video was none of the above.

Shooting/hunting an animal in a pen is forbidden to present on TG, so frankly I'm surprised they accepted your sponsorship.

I, as Fujimo, wish you the best of success in your business, but I also explore you to hold yourselves to the highest standard of stewardship for the sport of hunting.

Offline Esau

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »
Thanks for the input, I have taken the footage of the evaluation off of the web site. You guys have made some valid points.

However the hog was a wild Boer we trapped and 100% wild. We wanted to do an evaluation on our Cross Cut broadhead and it proved it self to be very deadly with its 2.75 inch total cut! It was only an evaluation in a controlled environment. In no way shape or form represented as a hunting environment.

In Texas Hogs are absolutely destructive vermin!

Our state is even paying people in helicopters to exterminate them on public lands. As well as the Great Texas is perusing a type of poison to help control the population.

No for havens sake buy some broadheads already. And let there performance speak for itself.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 04:02:00 PM »
post removed,
cheers
wayne

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »
hi Esau,
good job on removing the videos- that was just a personal observation, and not a requirement- just my own opinion and perspective- i certainly do not expect people or business to abide by my "decree"
 but i, personally, do think it was a smarter move.
i fully understand the status the hogs have down south, and that they are a scourge, and do unlimited damage- accepted!
we have a similar situation where i live- except its deer this time. they were introduced here- do untold damage to the environment- the govt really doesnt care whether they are pitlamped, or tags are exceeded etc etc- we get 15 tags and a season that lasts 9 months!the govt has many culls, and has also considered poison for the deer- but i think the potential for collateral damage was too high

the evaluation on the dead hog, in my eyes, was acceptable,  ( in hindsight though, it was obviously the boar you had just shot in the pen!)-
however the shooting of a live animal in a penned environment, whether vermin or not will verily open the can of proverbial worms.
the case, is not whether it was wild or not,or whether it was vermin or not. what we are talking about here is fair chase, and ethical hunting.
a bow is by no means considered an ethical, controlled environment, butchering tool for animals, it is obviously a hunting weapon, and only that, it is absolutely indicative of a hunting scenario!
this is obviously a fine, and treacherous line, had the video/ exercise/ experiment been of a wild hog shot at a feeder in the open, it would have been more acceptable.
i like Ben, had to switch the video off- sorry! not only in empathy for the hog, but rather in disbelief that this was part of a corporate marketing profile.
remember, with the trad shooters( and i grossly generalize here- so bear with me ) you are trying to appeal to, they are a different animal... weird, whacky, do things very differently, never mind doing things outside the box- they mostly live outside the box- and some of them guys in Pa. dont even have a box!
cant get two of them to agree on the same topic- but under all that, they do share a common thread- their loyalty to principle and code of ethics is of the highest i have seen anywhere. they are easy going,and super easy to make friends with, or to win over on your side- but stomp on their private code....
i sincerely wish you every luck with your endeavor.
regards
Wayne

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 12:29:00 PM »
What fujimo said X's 2.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 09:16:00 AM »
I have to say Esau, I think we all really appreciate your responsiveness. Hope I didn't come across too negatively earlier.

I'd like to know more about the R1, looks like a great broad head for a trad bow. Nothing like a good cut on contact blade. Is the main blade replaceable, and can you tell us the cut diameter?

Thanks again!

Offline Esau

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 10:29:00 AM »
The main blade is .040 thick and is not replicable but easily re-sharpened.

The R1 comes with a 100% guarantee!

If you break it we will replace it.

The diameter is 1 1/4.
The total cut is 2.5 inches.

We will have the R1 in 125 grain 100% Stainless Steel available this coming Spring.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 06:45:00 PM »
125gr and stainless! That's what I'm talking about. One of my biggest issues with the older style heads like Magnus or Zwickey is that no matter how sharp you get them, they dull over time due to corrosion.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 06:53:00 PM »
Little Ben,

It might be useful to know WHY Magnus and Zwickeys go dull...so here goes.  It has to do with RC hardness of the blades.  In order to make the products easy to sharpen, those firms sacrifice rockwell hardness...which is the same reason Grizzly broad heads were harder to sharpen, but stay extremely sharp even after going through an animal. Just something to bear in mind.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©