Author Topic: ILF Riser plans  (Read 511 times)

Offline MikeWinVA

• Trad Bowhunter
ILF Riser plans
« on: December 14, 2015, 10:06:00 PM »
Does anyone have a source for ILF riser templates or plans?

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ILF Riser plans
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 08:30:00 AM »
Don't know of plans but you can get the hardware from Lancaster Archery and I think there are people who make them for sale but I don't have names. Sorry. I understand that most ilf bows use a 15 to 17 degree limb pad angle.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 11:07:00 AM »
Ben, given your experience with TD bows, do you think it reasonable to adapt a typical TD riser to ILF?
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 06:36:00 PM »
Depends on the riser. Limb pad angle has to be right. Is there enough material is available to cut the slot for the hardware, The limb pads have to be machined or routed out so can the riser be made square with the router. It would be much easier to start with a squared up blank riser and cut the slot for the ilf hardware then once its all mounted go ahead and shape the riser.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »
Are you saying start out extra wide and bring the ILF hardware to center after it's installed?

I've been kicking this around as well as a solution to making a system that will grow with the grandkids.
Monterey

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 01:08:00 PM »
It depends on the equipment you have to install the hardware and how comfortable you are with shaping the riser while keeping the ilf hardware inline so the limbs are in line. You'll have to determine what you are comfortable doing. Sorry not much help.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 02:04:00 PM »
I have a detailed set of drawings you can purchase for $40 that includes all the precise milling measurements for both limbs and risers. Send me a pm if you are interested...

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 06:32:00 PM »
Kirk, what all is included in the drawings?  Are there various riser lengths, etc?
Monterey

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©