Author Topic: The long awaited 2016 TRADGANG Bow Swap Sign up  (Read 1500 times)

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
The long awaited 2016 TRADGANG Bow Swap Sign up
« on: January 11, 2016, 09:47:00 AM »
Please DO NOT FLOOD MY BOX WITH PM"S.
Please read all the rules.
I will PM you with your info on your builder. You can discuss anything in this thread and ask any questions here in the open forum (just don't let the person know you are building for them). If you have any special concerns then send me a PM or email.

Shot me a PM with your mailing address and phone number so your bowyer knows where to send it.

READ ALL RULES!!!!!!!!!

Contact phone # is required! You can just send it to me privately and it will be added to the spread sheet and kept private.

Anyone that was asked not to ship on account of their recipient being late will not be on the list of shippers to hold

If you shipped late or are a new sign up your builder will be holding your bow until you ship and provide either me a tracking # and we OK your builder to ship. This is the only way we can keep someone from receiving and not sending.

We have had a few out of country entries in the past. I don't have an issue shipping out of country but if any of you do; send me a PM and I will take care of it. I shipped a bow to Turkey and Stiks has shipped overseas for around 45-50$ and figure it should be roughly the same for anywhere else. If you have an issue with it just send me a PM. It does cost a small fortune to ship to Africa, You can ship a TD to Africa for around 50 or 60 bucks.

DEADLINE
For new and late shippers will be Thursday, June 30th or before.
Our vets who shipped on time last year will be Sunday, July 31st

READ ALL RULES BEFORE SIGNING UP

#1 There will be a 30 day grace period after the final to be shipped date. Any bows not shipped by then and I will ask you to forward the bow you receive to your recipient. The only exceptions will be made by Myself and if you go past the grace I will ask your recipient if they will give you more time if they grant it then great if not you will forward your received bow or I will have your bowyer ship it to them if appropriate.

The only way we will make any exceptions to this rule is if you contact us and let us know what is going on. We do understand things happen and We are willing to work with anyone should an emergency arise, But YOU HAVE TO KEEP COMMUNICATION OPEN AND STAY IN TOUCH WITH us. No exceptions!

Okay here we go.

The way we'll do this to insure everybody gets a bow they can shoot is draw names. If you want in post here and at the end of sign up I will draw names and PM or email to the builder who your bow is going to and the specs desired.

#1 When you post that you are in also post your draw length and desired draw weight within a 5 or 10 pound range and right or left-handed. (example.. 45-50 or 40-50) Also state whether you will be building a glass or wood bow, one piece or TD for the trade. I need to know this for shipping purposes out of country.

#2 When you post pics during the build DO NOT state in any fashion whom your bow is going to.

#3 I have given this a lot of thought and to keep it as honest as possible no one who has signed up to TradGang after the date of this post can enter. I hate to exclude anyone but have heard of it here in past trades that one guy or another did not get a return on his trade and I DO NOT want that to happen.

#4 The time frame for the build will be about 6 months and the bow you built should if any way possible be shot in. Bows need to finished and shipped by the date you are asked to ship them by

#5 There was a few concerns about liability so I will throw in that anyone who receives a bow in this trade is doing so at his/her own risk and in no way holds any one responsible in any way should a misfortune occur due to use of such bow.

#6 if you are building a glass bow and only want a glass bow in return or vice versa for wood bowyers please state this in the sign up, otherwise you may receive a glass or wood bow.

#7 Remember this swap is for novice and pros alike. If you get a bow you think it is a sub quality bow please give polite but constructive criticisms to the builder. That is part of the swap. Folks can't get better if they don't know it is wrong.

There we have it. I tried to keep it as simple as possible and keep everybody happy. So let the building and swapping commence.
Have fun! Kelly

Offline wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The long awaited 2016 TRADGANG Bow Swap Sign up
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 05:27:00 PM »
OK, I'll go first.    :)  
I'll build a one piece bamboo backed tri lam longbow (or a recurve if it works out).
I'll be pleased with any type of bow.
Right hand, 50 to 60 pounds at 28 inches.
Thanks Kelly!!
P.S. I'll PM you with my address if you need it.
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline breazyears

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 06:31:00 PM »
Im in for this year again.
 Ill build a glass bow.
My draw is 28
45-50#
Right handed.
I would prefer a glass bow.
Thanks.
theirs a fly in my soup

Offline Wagstaff

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 06:34:00 PM »
I've been looking forward to doing this again..

I'll build a one piece Hybrid R/D Longbow.

I'll be happy with any style of bow in return.
Right Hand
Draw Length 29"
40-50 lbs

Offline Jomohr84

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 07:28:00 PM »
I'm in for my first time!

I'll make a selfbow.

I'm happy with any type of bow.
50-60lbs @ 28", right hand.

I'll pm you with my info Kelly.
Jonathan Mohr

Offline ianpc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 08:25:00 PM »
I'm in... I'll build a one piece glass longbow.

I would prefer a glass bow,
Right hand
40 - 50lbs @ 29"

Really enjoyed being apart of this last year!

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 09:15:00 PM »
I'm in. I haven't missed a year yet, it seems foolish to start now. I don't know what the heck I'll build though. Seems like I should use my recipient to try something different. Haven't made a trilam for awhile, and I kind of have a selfbow urge at the moment. But also want to experiment with a 2pc takedown, an R/D design based on one of Cory's bows, or maybe try a full up recurve.

Looking for something between 45-55@29, RH. Pretty flexible on what I receive as long as it's awesome. Heck, I'm not even that fixed on weight. You can probably make it 40-60 if that helps, just remember the awesome part!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 09:46:00 PM »
Kelly,  

I am in. Righthand, 54-64 @ 29".  Any type is bow is fine.  I will build either a glass or selfbow, one, two, or three piece, depending on what is needed and  ship anywhere.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline PZee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 02:53:00 AM »
Kelly,

I'm in for the 1st time. I'll be making a 2 piece hybrid glass longbow. Posting from South Africa.

I don't mind what I get, as long as its a take down longbow for postage reasons. Anything Osage would be great, as we don't get the best bow wood in the world here.I would like it to be between 55-60 @ 28" right handed.

Thanks for this....
'Impi! wo 'nans' impi iyeza
Obani bengathinta amabhubesi?'

Offline mikkekeswick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 03:03:00 AM »
I'm in.  :)
I can make whatever anybody wants. Glass or wood. I'll be making some form of takedown for postage reasons as i'm in England.
My specs would be for a 40 - 50lb @ 27 inch bow. Left handed. Glass bow would be preferred.
All I would say is for whoever makes my bow please don't state a value on it as our customs charge a fortune for anything that isn't a gift with zero value......I had to pay about £60/$90 import tax last time which kind of sours the deal a bit!

Offline inksoup

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 06:53:00 AM »
i am in too...

i will be building glass bow 2-3 pieces take down around 40-50 lbs.

i can get in return any bow (glass/wood)with passion. (just i do not like wobbly/snaky bows).
RH 40-50lbs @ 28"
please note that international shipping can be costly if it is one piece so take down bow would be more suitable to ship the bow here.

mikkekeswick  situation of paying custom tax is applied here too. i had to pay 150$ for last swap. if you have to put a price please make it less then 50$.
these are not the droids you are looking for.

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 07:21:00 AM »
That may be a price you have to pay for living within the EU. As far as you requesting your sender to not declare a value you are asking them to take full responsibility for that package getting to you with no insurance. We all know that misshaps happen all the time when sending bows and if the bow was lost or broken most tradgangers would take it upon themselves to make it right. The shipping to England is also not cheep ($60-80) and the insurance helps prevent from having to eat that cost over and over. Hopes this helps with why you will more than likely get a value declared on the package.
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline mikkekeswick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 09:42:00 AM »
Rmorris - i've sent probably close to a 100 bows all over the World and when they get broken (as happens) the insurance isn't really worth having anyway.....these delivery companies are slipperier than a fresh eel ! I've found this to be the case with virtually every delivery company. What I meant was don't give it a value as if you were selling it. Cover your materials by all means.
It costs more like 100+$ to post a bow to America from here....

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 10:27:00 AM »
Ok I have 11 in so far.

If you were in last year I have your info unless it changed.

PZee I need you to PM me your Address so we know where to send a bow.

Mike I will make a note for your shipper. Do you know the % they charge so if a person puts $500 on it is that to much.

We put gift on Inks so he does not get charged.

So I think if you put gift on it but get insurance on it Mike is safe.

Offline Krasus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 12:48:00 PM »
First time on the swap.  I'm in!

I'll be building a glassed backed r/d on my own form design.

I would be happy with any bow
Right hand 40-50lbs @28 (umm...no takedown though please) oh and epic so when I'm at the range those compound bow monkies with the wrenches are drooling  in envy!  :D

Offline delongbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 03:32:00 PM »
I'll get in again. I will build a glass one piece mild d/r longbow. I would like a glass bow in return. Right hand for 30" draw length. Flexible with weight...anything 55-75 will work.
Dave

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 04:22:00 PM »
Ok up to 12 folks now.

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 05:57:00 PM »
Dang Inksoup! I'm sorry to hear that! My wife shipped your bow for me last year and thought she was doing a good thing by putting a high value on it. I'll be more than happy to refund the money you are out on last years bow. I feel terrible about it! Wish I had known sooner.
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 06:03:00 PM »
Oh, I almost forgot! I'm in!! I'll build a glass bow either 2 or 3 piece. And I think id like something wood in return. Right hand and 45-55# at 28". I don't have a good self bow because the only one I have left is one I made!    :biglaugh:
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 06:16:00 PM »
What? Ya want some wood? LOL

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©