3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Let's talk about Acadian Woods Bows...  (Read 791 times)

Offline Curtis Haden

• Trad Bowhunter
Let's talk about Acadian Woods Bows...
« on: March 06, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »
...specifically, the 3-piece Tree Stick.  Mine will have a Macasser Ebony riser with Bacote flare and Bamboo limbs.  60" 50@28, medium grip.
Three things to remember here:

1. I have one ordered and paid for.  You don't have to convince me one way or another.

2.  It's going to be July before Tim starts on my bow.  I need this now.  (Think of this as   your  chance to be my bow-therapist)

3.  Pictures are fun!

:campfire:  

P.S. -- Thanks again, Mike B.  It's your story to tell, should you choose to...
Rose Oak Ace 41@28
Super Shrew Gold 42@28
Black Widow PCH-X 40@28
Toelke Pika 43@28
_ _ _

A subtle play on words is better than a poke in the eye.

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Let's talk about Acadian Woods Bows...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
I've shot them. THey are nice shooters and Tim is an incredible bowyer. His bows are more like art than bows.  Seriously, I'd be afraid to hunt with it... It seemed to shoot real smooth and was plenty fast. I didn't chrono it, but it was cooking up there with the best of them.  You will love it I'm sure....
Blessings,
Steve

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »
havent shot the tree stick......but thats one that is on the list to try...
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Anvil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 08:36:00 AM »
I did a lot of bow buying/trading the last 2 years. I discovered that the grip and the physical weight of the bow are the determining factors on how well I shoot any bow. This will of course be different for everyone.
With that said, I have a 1pc Tree Stik that is my go to bow. Phenominal shooting bow for me. I bought it used and it is beat up, one day I will treat myself to a new to my specs. Of course there are still a few bows out there I want to try yet...
Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him.      Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127:3-4

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »
Love the treestick its my go to bow as well. Some of the best bows for the bowhunter . Tim's work and knowledge are topself, yes I consider Tim a good friend , and class act! He is truly blessed with his skill as a bowyer.
   You're going to love it!!!!  :)  Marco#78  :clapper:    :goldtooth:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 08:50:00 AM »
I have a friend that has a 3 pc classic recurve that he is planning to sell here once his new BW arrives. Personally, I think he's nuts, but I'm sure he will have no problem selling it here. Of course if I was a righty it would never make it to the board. I really like the Acadian Woods bows. They are at the top of my want list, but unfortunately they rarely hit the board. I can't wait to see yours.  :)
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Toxophilite

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »
Curtis,
If you haven't already done so, do a search using "acadian woods" in the PowWow threads. It'll give you about 5 pages of stuff on Tim's products and service.
My experience with his bows has been a 3 piece recurve, a wonderful 3 pc Tree Stick with 3 sets of limbs, and a 1 piece "Carbon Reflex" recurve.
I've known Tim for about 4 years now. No, he doesn't do me any favors for bragging about his bows...But here's my opinion:  Tim applies a tremendous amount of talent and experience, both as a bowyer and a hunter, to his bows. What you'll get from him will be a work of art. It will be fast, quiet, and will bring out the best in you as a bowhunter or archer. He's also determined to make you a happy customer.
I'm only as good as my first shot.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 02:52:00 PM »
Had one....Pastor Steve, could it have been yours initially? I got it from Murray Landry who said he got it from a pastor with shoulder trouble I think. "Glory to God" on the lower limb, 63@27 if I remember.

Grip was way too big for my hand, I cut it down a good bit. After that, she shot like a house on fire. It was long, but the stability was worth it, very quiet, speed was acceptable but not what I would call a burner. For all it's other good qualities, that was certainly not a detriment. I really like the peaked shelf he does, very tolerant of spine and minimal riser contact.

Lord told me one day to give it to my blood-brother Squirrel Bait. He promptly proceeded to kill stuff with it.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »
Ole Murray ....one of the good guys ..and a good friend!!!! I cant believe he let that one get away!!!!  :)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
I'm a proud owner of one of Tim's 3-pc Tree Sticks.  I'll try to find a photo and post it.
Gary Logsdon

Offline Curtis Haden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »
Appreciate the replies.  Would love to see your bow if you can find a pic, Gary.  Toxo, I'd wager I've probably already seen those 'search' posts.  I had been thinking about ordering one for quite a while now.  Some Ironic Mumbo Jumbo happened, and, Boom! ...I'm getting one!

It's not that long to wait, It's not that long to wait, It's not that long to wait...     :scared:
Rose Oak Ace 41@28
Super Shrew Gold 42@28
Black Widow PCH-X 40@28
Toelke Pika 43@28
_ _ _

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »
Yes, I'm the proud owner of "Glory to God",Thanks to my brother JC, 62" 65@ 27" It throws a 650 gr. arrow with authority.
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Online Tim Mullins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words Guys!!!Bowyers never get tired of our satisfied customers.My Tree Stick is definately my all time favorite bow .I`ve been building the 1 pc. for 15 yrs and the 3-pc. about 8 yrs.Lot`s of tweaking going on with them and still every year they just seem to get better.
Thanks again  and take care,Tim---Acadian Woods

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 09:24:00 AM »
Mine is at Tim's right now getting a new set of limbs fitted to it. Cannot wait to get her back. I have had two 3 piece T/D longbows and love them. Wish I had never sold the first one. It had three sets of limbs and one set were recurve. I probably would not have as many bows now if I had kept that one. LOL   :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 09:25:00 AM »
Do you really expect us to believe that Donald?    :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »
Never seen one in person, but my buddy said a 3-piece Treestick was the quietest bow he's never heard.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Offline Bobby Castello

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 05:52:00 PM »
Have one of Tim's 1 Piece Tree Sticks. Great looking and great shooting bow! Tim is also a great guy to deal with!
                         Bobby
Hunt hard,but have fun!

Offline Mike Burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
Curtis, heck I can't wait until you get it! That combo should be awesome!   :thumbsup:  

I've had two of the one piece Treesticks and IMHO are one of the best all around longbows on the market. I have probley shot them better than anything else I've owned.

Mike   :campfire:

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »
V-Man, I have to blame my addiction on something.LOL  :bigsmyl:
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Curtis Haden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
There's a PRETTY one on the classifieds right now!  Like Donald, I sure am glad it's too heavy for me!

:biglaugh:
Rose Oak Ace 41@28
Super Shrew Gold 42@28
Black Widow PCH-X 40@28
Toelke Pika 43@28
_ _ _

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©