3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Take down or 1 peice  (Read 903 times)

Offline FeatherFletch

• Trad Bowhunter
Take down or 1 peice
« on: February 08, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
Getting ready to buy a new recurve. Take down are cool for travel but the 1 peice seems to shoot better any thoughts. O ya I getting a bob lee. thanks for the advice   :campfire:
We must learn to reawaken and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aid, but by an infinite expectation of the dawn.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Take down or 1 peice
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »
Feather Love my Bob Lee takedown got a bunch of limbs and the riser weight helps my shooting.I am actually on my second Lee smooth,tough,fast,and the grip fits me perfect.I think one piece bows look a little better less bulk but if I could have just one bow it would be a takedown for the versatility.I dropped it out af a tree this year fell about 13-14' not even a scatch.Kip

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »
Whichever you prefer the look of! Both'll shoot great.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Chris Wilson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »
My personal preferance is a takedown.  It's mainly due to the fact I like the extra weight the larger riser usually provides.  Unless you're going to be doing a lot of travelig with the bow, it really boils down to personal preferance.  Both will perform just fine.
"You're either trained or untrained.  When it hits the fan, you will always fall to the level of your training."

Offline Mr.Magoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »
I have both a Bob Lee takedown and a one piece.  Both are great bows, but I find I like the feel of the one piece better.  If you need to put the bow in your luggage, get the TD.  Otherwise just go with what you like best.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »
I have both types of bows. I enjoy both very much.  Each has it's +/-  I use which ever I am in the mood for.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »
I like a 1 piece more because of the clean lines and aesthetics.Also because in general they weigh less and I dont like a heavy bow.plenty of mass anyway for me especially with a hunting quivers attached.Some bowyers are offering more streamlined designs though in their 3 piece bows that arent very heavy.I just prefer the look and feel of good 1 piece.You can get a 2 piece that retains the elegant look of a 1 piece with TD ability.
    The biggest benefit in a 3 piece i think is the portability and it packs into a small space and the fact the you can have different length limbs and poundages.Even different style limbs in that you can have longbow and recurve or hybrid limbs on some bowyers risers.That is a pretty flexible deal that you cant have in a 1 piece.In the end its a personell thing or utilitarian thing.If ya relly need a TD for plane travel,or packin in on a bike etc. it would be hard not to go that way for the obvious benifits.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©