Author Topic: Giving it a shot... My First Laminated Glass Bow Build  (Read 5616 times)

Offline Major Boothroyd

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Giving it a shot... My First Laminated Glass Bow Build
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2016, 04:17:00 PM »
It's been harder for me to make the time to work on the bow these last few weeks with work, the holidays, and then I had the bug to get out for a couple of days of deer hunting in AZ this past week with a buddy.  I ate tag soup, unfortunately, but it was still fun, as always.  I had a lot of close encounters with a ton of does, and a few younger bucks, as well.  The next couple of weeks should have the rut heating up and getting into full swing in the area I was in, but, unfortunately, I will be busy working.

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours working with my rasp and 80 grit sandpaper to further work out the shape of the grip.  It's feeling very comfortable in my hand now, so I think it's time to shoot the bow a bit and see if I need to do any further tillering work before getting to work progressively sanding to finer grit prior to applying a finish.  Weather permitting, I'm gonna try to shoot it tomorrow.  It's raining here today.  I think it works out perfectly that the first time I'll shoot the bow is on New Year's Day.  Speaking of... Happy New Year, everyone!

Here's how it's looking now...

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2017, 07:16:00 PM »
Looking good!!      :thumbsup:  

The fine sanding and trying to get all those little tool mark scratches out can drive a bowyer nuts - at least it does me.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2017, 08:28:00 AM »
Looking good so far. Probably should down size tour pics though.
High on Archery.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©