3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bought a Bob Lee  (Read 843 times)

Offline MichiganMike08

• Trad Bowhunter
Bought a Bob Lee
« on: March 08, 2008, 12:13:00 AM »
Went to Jay's today to buy a bow and ended up shooting a few Bob Lee recurves , a Fire Fly t/d longbow and a Predator recurve. The Fire Fly was super smooth but I decided to lean toward a recurve. So I then shot the Predator. It was smooth and fast, but the grip was real skinny right under the shelf. I shoot with my bow hand open and it felt like my hand was slipping up when drawing. So I moved on to a Bob Lee recurve. Smooth, quiet, fast and fit my hand very well. So I bought it. A Bob Lee Hunter t/d recurve. 58" AMO 61# @28. I also picked up a Damascus glove, 6 Beman 400 wood grains, an extra string, 6 magnus 125 Gr BH's, a stringer and a Great Northern Quich detach quiver all for 602.00. The bow was used one season and came with the quiver for 446 before tax.
HUNT HARD AND SHOOT STRAIGHT

Offline hera

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bought a Bob Lee
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 03:13:00 AM »
nice deal

congratulation.

Offline rg176bnc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 04:10:00 AM »
I like mine alot.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 04:15:00 AM »
I have a 54" Bob Lee Hunter that i like, sound like you made a good purchase.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 05:04:00 AM »
My new 58" Signature Hunter is on the way from Bob Lee Archery; I expect it in my oily clutches the middle of next week.

I suspect it might well bump my CM H2 and maybe even my Kota Prairie Swift out of the starting lineup..
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 08:08:00 AM »
I have several bob lee's and one thats identical to your setup.    great bows and pretty darn fast.

Looks like you got a pretty good deal, congrats.  :archer:
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »
This is why we tell the folks go to a Trad Shop and shoot every bow you can get your hands on. Everyones different what's good for one might be poop for another. I'm glad for your success . Good Luck and Good Hunting!

Offline MichiganMike08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »
Thanks a lot guys. I'll try to post photos as soon as possible. I'm going to try to get out rabbit hunting today, but it is really windy here in Bath, MI.

Offline elkkrazy8

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »
I got mine 2 months ago,love it. It is 57# @28. I draw to 29,My arrows are 30 inches. I tried beman 400,they were to weak. The beman 340 shoot good with 200gr.up front. I went to beman 300,to get 300gr.up front,they shoot real good.It is a very smooth bow.

Offline MichiganMike08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »
It seems like the Beman 400's are flying good, but I haven't paper tuned yet. I also only have 125 grains up front for a total weight of 470 grains. Oh the arrows are cut to 29.5" and I draw a about 28.5.

Offline Rick_H

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 04:44:00 PM »
I've got a Bob Lee 64" 45 # TD longbow along with a couple of other "bigger" name bows and the Bob Lee shot great right out of the box, not like the others.
If they fit you they are a great bargain used. I'm hoping to kill a couple of hogs with mine next weekend with the bigger name as backup.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »
Congrats on your new purchase.

The wind is supposed to calm down, and temps are supposed to recover a bit tommorrow(sunday), and that should make for some good bunny hunting.

I have never heard a bad word about a Bob Lee bow.

Take it out and "Hunt Hard and Shoot Straight".
Good words to live by.

Before we know it, summer will be fading into those cool fall mornings, and your new bow will be an extension of your arm.   :thumbsup:

Offline lilbobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »
Good Deal! Good bows, good people, I have 4 B.L.'s, all good shooters.
Conny

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
congrats on the new bow...Rob makes some great bows you will love it

Offline MichiganMike08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »
I will be hunting everything from rabbits and woodchucks to deer and hopefully hogs. Does 470 grains sound too light and will shooting a lighter arrow harm my bow?

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »
Great bows and great people.  I really loved my (new last year) T/D Sig L/B.  I sold it with the intention of getting the same thing in Bubinga (Elite).

It took me a few weeks to sell all my bows (five in all) - I had the dough all organised and emailed Sandy for the order.  However there was one major problem - the bows had just gone up markedly.

The price I had seen when I was selling my bows was 760 but they had suddenly gone up to over 835 - that was about 70 bucks in one hit.  I had to re-think - 835 bucks is a lot of money for a B/L.  

I ended up ordereing a Firefly (two actually - have a stock one coming this week and a custom in about two months).  The custom bow has all the bells and whilstles - fancy splice and pin-stripe on the riser, bamboo cores, Yew veneers on the limbs and apparatanly shoots like nothing else - all for only 550 bucks!#E$%^&*!

Not a criticism for Bob Lee - they treated me well and the bow was great, but sometimes one has to re-think when it gets down to just straight out ecomomics and common sense.  They may have to sharpen their pencil!!

Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline stick hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »
Bob lee is a stand up company that makes imo one of the best shooting bows!!!!!!! out there. I think they up the price a little because the other bowyers are selling bows for much more! I also think its such a shock because bob lee has sold there bows for the same price for a long time i have owned many bows and can say after buying bob lees and seeing how they perform they are defintly worth the money plus GREAT customer service.

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »
I have a Bob Lee Hunter 52# @28. My draw is 29. They are very fast hard hitting bow's. You won't be dissapointed.
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »
I just got another one also. Classic Elite 60" 59@28. Shoots great.

Offline scriv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 03:49:00 PM »
Congrats from not too far away.  Have shot a few over the years, bought my first one beginning of the year.  Trying to wear it out in the basement.  I'm liking it very much so far.  Have shot it out to 40 yards because that is all I could get indoors.  Come on spring.
Shoot strait and have fun!

Toelke Whip
Black Widow PLX
A&H ACS-CX
Hoyt Formula RX

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©