Author Topic: 2017 Bow Swap Thread Signup Thread  (Read 2928 times)

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
2017 Bow Swap Thread Signup Thread
« on: January 05, 2017, 05:02:00 PM »
Please DO NOT FLOOD MY BOX WITH PM"S.
Please read all the rules.
I will PM you with your info on your builder. You can discuss anything in this thread and ask any questions here in the open forum (just don't let the person know you are building for them). If you have any special concerns then send me a PM or email.

Shot me a PM with your mailing address and phone number so your bowyer knows where to send it.

signup will be closed at midnight January the 27th, 2016

READ ALL RULES!!!!!!!!!

Contact phone # is required! You can just send it to me privately and it will be added to the spread sheet and kept private.

Anyone that was asked not to ship on account of their recipient being late will not be on the list of shippers to hold

If you shipped late or are a new sign up your builder will be holding your bow until you ship and provide either me a tracking # and we OK your builder to ship. This is the only way we can keep someone from receiving and not sending.

We have had a few out of country entries in the past. I don't have an issue shipping out of country but if any of you do; send me a PM and I will take care of it. I shipped a bow to Turkey and Stiks has shipped overseas for around 45-50$ and figure it should be roughly the same for anywhere else. If you have an issue with it just send me a PM. It does cost a small fortune to ship to Africa, You can ship a TD to Africa for around 50 or 60 bucks.

DEADLINE
For new and late shippers will be Thursday, June 30th or before.
Our vets who shipped on time last year will be Sunday, July 31st

READ ALL RULES BEFORE SIGNING UP

#1 There will be a 30 day grace period after the final to be shipped date. Any bows not shipped by then and I will ask you to forward the bow you receive to your recipient. The only exceptions will be made by Myself and if you go past the grace I will ask your recipient if they will give you more time if they grant it then great if not you will forward your received bow or I will have your bowyer ship it to them if appropriate.

The only way we will make any exceptions to this rule is if you contact us and let us know what is going on. We do understand things happen and We are willing to work with anyone should an emergency arise, But YOU HAVE TO KEEP COMMUNICATION OPEN AND STAY IN TOUCH WITH us. No exceptions!

Okay here we go.

The way we'll do this to insure everybody gets a bow they can shoot is draw names. If you want in post here and at the end of sign up I will draw names and PM or email to the builder who your bow is going to and the specs desired.

#1 When you post that you are in also post your draw length and desired draw weight within a 5 or 10 pound range and right or left-handed. (Example.. 45-50 or 40-50) Also state whether you will be building a glass or wood bow, one piece or TD for the trade. I need to know this for shipping purposes out of country.

#2 When you post pics during the build DO NOT state in any fashion whom your bow is going to.

#3 I have given this a lot of thought and to keep it as honest as possible no one who has signed up to TradGang after the date of this post can’t enter. I hate to exclude anyone but have heard of it here in past trades that one guy or another did not get a return on his trade and I DO NOT want that to happen.

#4 The time frame for the build will be about 6 months and the bow you built should if any way possible be shot in. Bows need to finished and shipped by the date you are asked to ship them by

#5 There was a few concerns about liability so I will throw in that anyone who receives a bow in this trade is doing so at his/her own risk and in no way holds any one responsible in any way should a misfortune occur due to use of such bow.

#6 if you are building a glass bow and only want a glass bow in return or vice versa for wood bowyers please state this in the sign up, otherwise you may receive a glass or wood bow.

#7 Remember this swap is for novice and pros alike. If you get a bow you think it is a sub quality bow please give polite but constructive criticisms to the builder. That is part of the swap. Folks can't get better if they don't know it is wrong.

There we have it. I tried to keep it as simple as possible and keep everybody happy. So let the building and swapping commence.
Have fun! Kelly

Offline Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2017 Bow Swap Thread Signup Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 11:35:00 PM »
Put me in.

Righthanded, 45-65# @ 29".  Any type is fine.

I will build a glass or selfbow and ship wherever is needed.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Krasus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 11:37:00 PM »
I'm in..

I shoot a right hand. 45-50lb at 28"

I'll be building a glass R/D one piece and would be ok with any type/style of bow in return except for NO takedowns please!

Offline Mad Max

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 11:21:00 AM »
I'am in

I shoot Left handed 30-35@28" I want a 1 piece glass bow

I will be making a glass bow 1 Piece
I would rather fail at something above my means, than to succeed at something  beneath my means  
}}}}===============>>

Offline breazyears

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 03:41:00 PM »
Im in again,
right hand, 40-45@28, prefer a glass bow but whatever.
I will be making a glass RD.
theirs a fly in my soup

Offline mikkekeswick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 03:17:00 AM »
I'll put my name in too.
Left handed 40 - 50 @27#
Wood or glass no problem. I don't know what i'll be building yet, it could be glass, wood or a horn composite.
I'm in England so probably cheapest if somebody sends me a takedown but I would prefer not to get a 3 piece takedown (just not my style;)).

Offline Swissbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 02:12:00 PM »
I'm in ! Had to take a break last year and it sure was hell to watch all those cool bows coming together and not beeing part of it.

I'm a right hand shooter, 45-55@27. I will build a glass bow and ship anywhere. I wouldn't mind a glass bow or a wood bow.

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 04:54:00 PM »
Unfortunately I'm out this year. Just got way to many irons in the fire!!!  But I will be watching!
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline EwokArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »
I've got my first baby coming in early March. I think I outta skip out this year but I will sure be watching

Offline die_dunkelheit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 07:05:00 PM »
I'm in.

I'll be building either a glass td or a wood R/D, not sure yet.

I'll take anything that shoots, 40-45lbs preferably.
-Ghost

Offline passion for knowledge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 07:07:00 PM »
Congrats, Ewok.

Best start looking for some plans - 2# @ 7" or something like that!
Creativity and the search for knowledge are what keep me sane(ish)

Offline inksoup

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 07:32:00 AM »
+1 passion for knowledge
congrads Ewok...

since i have moved to capital city and i am not sure about creating about "man-cave" for myself to build a bow, i am still thinking about joining or not...
i still have time to decide...  :D
i hope i can come up with some kind of answer for my cave...

best.
these are not the droids you are looking for.

Offline DanishArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 09:26:00 AM »
i'm in
Right handed 40-45(50)# @ 31"
have never done anything like this before but looking forward to it!
hope to build a selfbow or wooden laminated bow
Oh and i'm from Denmark

- Peter
“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
― Oscar Wilde

Online Mo_coon-catcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 05:11:00 PM »
I'm in! I love these trades and having an excuse to make a bow for someone that can give me a good critique.

Right hand, 45-55# at 27", but I'm happy with any weight from a fun little 30# to a 100# warbow.
I'll be making a wood bow. I'm not sure of the wood yet but I'll most likely use a persimmon or cherry stave.
I'll be happy recieving glass or wood.
I'll ship anywhere and will let the destination determine whether takedown or one piece.

Kyle

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 05:32:00 PM »
I'm in this year.

Right hand, 45-50# @ 27", prefer a glass recurve, I got too many wooden bows and longbows.

I'll make an osage selfbow, 60# or under at 28".  I just can't shoot anything else in properly.

Prefer to ship US.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline mwosborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 07:18:00 PM »
I'm in this year too.  Have not done TG swap before - looking forward to it!

RH, 40-50# @ 28", prefer a glass bow.

I can make a glass or wood one-piece bow, whatever is needed.
Enjoy the hunt!  - Mitch

Offline RJonesRCRV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 08:06:00 PM »
Man I wanna get in on this.  I've got some time to think about it.
Kimsha Mattawoman II 51#
Dale Phillips Nodebow 58#
Kimsha 'Boo Bow 56#
USMC 2005-2010

Offline talkingcabbage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 01:02:00 AM »
I believe I'm in again this year.  I'll take whatever kind of bow the bowyer wants to build that's right handed, around 45-50 lbs (a little below or above is fine too).

I will try to build an osage selfbow, but it's been a few years.  If that fails (or if I fail making it) I'll resort to a glass bow.  If my recipient has a preference, I can do either.

Thank you Kelly for heading this up again.  You're a dedicated man to do this every year, and we all appreciate you!     :thumbsup:
Joe

"If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."

One of two things will happen; it'll either work or it won't.

Offline Mad Max

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 08:19:00 PM »
come on folks
   :)
I would rather fail at something above my means, than to succeed at something  beneath my means  
}}}}===============>>

Offline breazyears

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2017, 06:55:00 PM »
ya. come on folks.lol
theirs a fly in my soup

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©