3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Picked up another Tri-State Jaguar  (Read 258 times)

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
Picked up another Tri-State Jaguar
« on: March 08, 2008, 12:55:00 PM »
Just got this one in the mail today.  These bows are incredible shooters....smooth as silk on the draw and no stacking out to 30".

This one, like my other, is 60", and this one is 51 pounds.  It's multilaminated riser is narrow at the grip and the shelf is cut to center.  The bow dates to the very early 60's or very late 50's, and has woven glass.    :goldtooth:  

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Picked up another Tri-State Jaguar
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »
Like the looks of the riser on the wood combo used. Enjoy!

Offline bowless

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 05:22:00 PM »
I'm partial to longbows but wow that's a beauty.
Looks like it was just refinished.
Isaiah 53:5  and with his stripes we are healed.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »
Wow George thats a looker there.Those are super good shooters.bowdoc

Offline Craig Warren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »
Gorge,  I shot my first deer with a 50# Jaguar exactly like the one in your picture except that it had green glass.  I lived one town over from Danbury where the bows were made and went to the shop to order it.  I was 14 years old at the time and I remember that the last name of the owner of the company was Owen.  I think his first name was Lewis.
I shot 11 woodchucks with it that summer in preperation for deer hunting.  That was in 1959 and I was 15 years old.  I shot the deer that Fall. I was a junior in high school and almost nobody bowhunted back in those days in that area.  When I went off to college, the bow went with me, but was stolen from my dorm wall.  It had been 45 years since the bow was stolen when, on my 60th birthday, my best friend and hunting buddy from high school showed up at the party and gave me his identical Jaguar that he had gotten at the same time I got mine.  I've refinished it (I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow) but haven't shot it yet.  In fact, I don't think I will.  If it broke, I don't think I'll have another 49 years to find another.

Thanks for bringing back the memories.

Craig

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »
Craig, I would like to see the photo.  I have a green glass model as well but it has a leather grip.  They both are shooters.  Nice story my friend.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©