Author Topic: question for bowyers and warfers  (Read 513 times)

Offline kenneth butler

• Trad Bowhunter
question for bowyers and warfers
« on: April 28, 2017, 06:50:00 PM »
I have an idea of making tapered wedges to fit the limb pads of take down bows. In my case to lighten the draw weight but it should work either way by reversing the wedge. Any idea how much it would take to alter the weight in 5 pound increments by changing the angle. Isn't that how the adjustment bolts work in ILF limbs,or is my idea all wet.I would appreciate a thickness range on the thick end or the angle change to make a 5# adjustment and I can figure it out from there. Any one ever done it? Thanks. >>>------> Ken

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: question for bowyers and warfers
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 06:51:00 PM »
Ken look at my rat bow redo post it can easily be done. Where you run into trouble is the angle causes the bolts to bind up if the angle is too great.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 06:53:00 PM »
From my un noted fiddling, I think 2* is about 5#

Maybe somebody else wrote it down !    :)
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline kenneth butler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 10:43:00 PM »
Thanks guys.Just what I needed to know. 2° on a 4" limb pad. The wedge would only have to be .139 thicker on one end. If there is any binding of the bolts, how about carefully re drilling the bolt holes on a 2° angle? That would elongate them slightly for clearance but maintain alignment.If necessary I could make a washer tapered 2° so the bolt head would contact all the way around.I will see if any others weigh in but I believe this will work.Thanks. >>>-----> Ken

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©